What's new

HT Meet in Toronto? (1 Viewer)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Ok, well once things are more finalized, you can give me detailed directions about what train I need to get onto, etc. I live in the West End (Etobicoke), I think there is a GO station at Kipling (I'm near Royal York).
As for the emailing, I've emailed so far David Ely and he has posted to this thread, and I'm just about to email someone else...can't remember their name right now though :)
I'm just keeping an eye out for people that are posting from this area of the Province.
Andrew
**EDIT**
Ok, I was looking through this thread just to see how many people have said they would be willing to come, provided the date is ok.
So here is the list...it's 8 people right now, including myself : (sorry if anyones name is spelled wrong)
1. Miles W
2. Elliot Willschick
3. David Ely
4. Brent L
5. Walter Freddern
6. Norm Lalonde
7. Craig A
8. AndyVX (Andrew R)
------------------
My Growing DVD Collection
ICQ# 69241437

Miles_W

Second Unit
Andy If you go to the member list you can search by location and get a list of people in Ontario, or Toronto... that should give us a good start. I would try and restrict it to people who have posted more that say 100 times...
Let me know
Miles

Miles_W

Second Unit
okay Andy I have emailed the following folks...
Marc Carra
Lou Stysma
Dave Siluso
Craig A
and
edit/ Ryan Peddle
Thanks
Miles

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I have gotten a couple of emails from you guys and would love to get together. I've been busy lately now that semmester two of college has started. But keep me posted by email and I'll make sure I'm available if a meet is made.
Thanks for the invite,
Ryan P
------------------
Oops...I dropped my eardrums
could you pick them up for
me

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I have a good relationship (dealer/customer) with one of the guys that I bought my paradigm system off of. I can probably take a trip down and see what he knows about tours of Paradigm. I would say to email them would be the best way (www.paradigm.ca).
I could bring DVD's, but I am sure that there are lots available. I can also bring and SPL meter and Avia if needed.
Do we have an estimated date when we might meet. I will be getting my G2 license very soon (being 22 years old it been a long time coming), I have no problem picking people up...as long as I pass the test. Let me know what is going on....I also know bus and train schedules quite well since I commute to college everyday. Email me with any other info. Some of you I kinda know already form DVD trades.
[email protected]
Ryan Peddle
------------------
me

Miles_W

Second Unit
The tentative Date I discussed with my wife was the 3rd weekend in February that is the Saturday the 17th...
Let me know how that one is. If not we'll adjust...
Miles

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Good for me...I will book the day off work if that is the day everyone decides upon.
------------------
me

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hi everyone.
I received Miles email today. I live in the Ajax area - just a short jaunt probably from Miles.
Mark me down as being interested.
Another suggestion - you might want to include a trip to the Pickering Flea Market. The out-of-towners may be interested in checking out a booth there that sells DVDs.
The selection is very good and the prices are reasonable.
Does anyone in the area go there? Maybe if we approached them we might be able to get some deals on a group purchase.
Just an idea to kick around.
Thanks for the invite!

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Oh, just wanted to mention that the 17th of Feb. would be fine for me (just we need to settle on a date at least 1 week before hand, so I can book it off work).
And like I said, Miles, I will need more direct directions, but you can email me those close to the date(don't want you posting your info on the web :) )
Grrr, I'm 19 and I don't have my G2, I'm so ashamed(sp?) No offense to you though Ryan :)
Anyways, talk to all you guys later.
Andrew
------------------
My Growing DVD Collection
ICQ# 69241437

Miles_W

Second Unit
Guys whats with the G2 and so old and ashamed... don't be I just got my G last year October!!!! and I'm gonna be 38 this year!
Just relax and get your license when you are good and ready!
Miles

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I should be able to make the 17th. Only potential problem is the York U strike pushed our exams to February 13th to 23rd. I'll wait and see what the exact dates are.
Don't feel bad about your license. I got my full G license about 2 years ago, I'm 21 now. Just wait until you're ready because it's a busy city out there.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
February the 17th is not a problem for me.
Looking forward to it. I'm in Orangeville, and thus will have to go through Toronto, If anyone needs a ride, let me know, If it's not too much out of the way, I can pick up 3 or 4 people.
Norm

Miles_W

Second Unit
Okay so let me see so far we have the following who are okay for the 17th of Feb.
edit again 1/14/2001
Andy R
Norm Lalonde
Elliot Willschick
Ryan Peddle
Lou Sytsma
Walter Feddern
Massimo Nigro ( Massimo perhaps you can speak with
Walter I believe he is coming from Kitchener way also!)
Craig A
Brent L.
Tentatively
David Ely
thanks
Miles

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I'll know next week if the 17th is good for me. I actually hope I can't make it as it will mean that I'll have a new job :)

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I live in the city and could give some people a lift. I'll know this week if I have exams around that time. Even if I do I'll probably try and come anyway :)

Miles_W

Second Unit
okay as I was saying is anyone of the people coming interested in PSB "B" stock speakers??? If so let me know other wise I will not bother asking the dealer near me... What he was suggesting is that we could audition at his place think about it for a week or so before you would have to give them an answer...
Just a thought
The other thing we need to work on is an agenda! I like Lou's idea of visiting Pickering Flea market the booth there for DVD's I have heard is pretty good!
Perhaps we can discuss if there are any DVD's that could be exchanged?
Is there equipment that some one in this groups owns and some one else wants to audition...
Any other ideas???
Thanks
Miles

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'll check with Paradigm early in the week.
If we take the 401 across and the 400 up it shouldn't be to long of a drive.
Do we know of a ny speaker companies out in the East??
Setting up a B-stock thing would be cool.
I'll also e-mail Energy(forget the real name) since they are located a little closer. They make a lot of the great speakers around......don't forget the take 5, and the new ones.
Brent L
------------------
Closing in quickly on 2000:)...Posts that is :)
{ well not quite as quick now:)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hi Miles - I'm 42, guess that makes me the old man here!!!!
Auditioning equipment might not be a bad idea.
I think we need to come up with an agenda - how much time can we hang together etc. and what to do to maximize our time together.
Some ideas - beyond the Flea Market one.
- audition favourite scenes: everyone brings a disc or two to show off their favorite scenes
- I have several DTS LDs, anyone want to compare LDs versus the DVDs of Jurassic Park? also have Titanic in DTS
- I have a Pioneer CLD704 laser player and AC3 demod, Miles do you - or someone else mentioned it - have the Phantom Menace LD? - there are several reference scenes there to watch.
That's all I can think of for now. I'll see what else I can dream up.
Later

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks