What's new

HT Meet GTA Toronto Area? (1 Viewer)

Miles_W

Second Unit
Hi... me again. It's been a while guys, I know that both Brent, Norm and Wayne are moving towards the Paradigm tour and the Inner Ear/Orangeville Meet. The Guys from audio excellence are trying to pull something together in the interim. For those who have not had the pleasure they are a pretty high end store which carry the following lines. Wilson Audio, Krell, Meridian, Sonus Faber, Martin Logan, Musical Fidelity, Aragon/Acurus, Sonic Frontiers/Anthem, to name most... also Dreamvision DLP stuff and Pioneer Elite Velodyne and more... Anyway to cut a long story short they would like to try and put something on for us this month and need to know the following.
1) When... they are leaning towards a Friday night 7:30 until...
2) What you would like to see? I mentioned that perhaps a demostration of the DLP projector as an alternative to higher end Rear projection tv's... or anything else.
3) How many?
anyway please let me know who, when, what...
Thanks
Miles

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Personally, I can't make it this Friday, (as I'm on my holidays and will be out of town). The following 2 Fridays should be fine, but after that, I go back on afternoon shift and won't be able to make it. Wayne Murphy is on the opposite shift. So let's see...
Jul 6th: Norm = No....Wayne = ???
Jul 13th: Norm = Yes....Wayne = probably
Jul 20th: Norm = Yes....Wayne = No
Jul 27th: Norm = No....Wayne = Yes
Wayne will have to confirm this of course.
As for what I want to see? DLP projector for sure. This is what I plan on using when I build my dedicated home theater in my basement. I'm not very interested in much else, since I most likely can't afford their hi-end stuff. But it'll be interesting to see it.
Norm

Walter Feddern

Stunt Coordinator
Fridays are usually ok for me. I can offer rides from Kitchener again if needed.
I would also be interested in seeing some projectors. Being able to compare a DLP to LCD would be nice. It would also be cool to be able to listen to the same tracks on several systems (entry level to hi-end), to hear what sort of difference there is in each.
Walter.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I would love to hear the differences between some low to high end systems. I have always wondered what the differences were but never had the time to go and bother a store to let me hear them. Although Miles' system can compete with the best of them.

Miles_W

Second Unit
That's it... come on guys no one else interested... If you don't like what they are offering please chime in and let me pass along what you want to see... If you are not interested let me know that too...
thanks
Miles
------------------
Miles
DarkSide Member since(93)

Miles,
Count me in. Friday's are fine with me, except for this Friday (June 7th), as I'll be in Niagra Falls for the weekend. I'm pretty sure Ryan Peddle would also be interested, and if so I can give him a ride down. Let me know when you get a date set.
Erik Strong
------------------
My DVD Collection
87 DVD's, Newest Acquisitions: Almost Famous, Highlander: Endgame

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Although friday is usually bad for me the way I'm hitting the ball I could use a week off.
Looks like July 13th so far?
Brent L
------------------
UPDATE TO PARADIGM TOUR ON MEETS PAGE!!!

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Fridays are fine for me aswell (though not this friday July 6th).
I would also be interested in seeing some high end projectors and any other gear really. I can't afford probably anything in that store (maybe speaker wire :) ), so I am up for seeing anything really.
Hmm, so where is this place? If it's far, would anyone mind giving me a ride? I'm in the Etobicoke area around Islington & Bloor.
TTYL
Andrew
------------------
My Anime on DVD List

Miles_W

Second Unit
okay I'll get on the blower and let them know the 13th would be the best so far... how does that pan out for others...
Lou, you there?, Larry..., Craig...
thanks again keep the feedback coming.
------------------
Miles

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Thanks Miles but I'll pass on this one.
My audio hardware will have to do for now.
My next move is to get a 16:9 HDTV.
Thanks
Lou
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
Miles, Count me in on this! Friday the 13th works for me.
I need something to pass the time while I wait for the Tosh 50H81 to arrive :) Getting over a little disapointment with the Panny 47"
I would be interested in looking at some DLP projectors ... never could afford ... but I'm interested on how they perform (always nice to have a benchmark).
I haven't visited this part of the form for a while ... I almost missed this
eek.gif

Cheers!
Mass
------------------

Miles_W

Second Unit
Guys, I spoke with the people at AE and they need a few more people and a little more time. I am going to get a firm date in August. I hope that I have not caused to many problems... I will continue this thread in the meanwhile my apologies... I will ask them to have a manufacturers rep in from Plurison, and hopefully a give away...
thanks for your patience (still working on it!)
Miles
------------------
Miles

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Hey guys....long time no talk. You can count me in as well. Hopefully AE has some nice 2 chan amps on discount or something. I WANT MORE POWER.
Fridays are good more me...but will it be in the evening. I work till 3pm every Friday.
Just let me know the date, as long as it is not the first Friday in August I will be fine with any friday.
------------------
Oops, I dropped my eardrums.
Could you pick them up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks