HT Intro Playback w/ Cyberhome 300...

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Keith M., Feb 2, 2004.

1. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

Im thinking of purchasing a custom ht intro, but have a couple questions:

1) Would the Cyberhome CH-DVD 300/S be fine for playing back the intros?

2) Is the Cyberhome CH-DVD 300/S IR sensor sensitive enough to be placed in a rack behind a vent panel?

I really dont want to spend alot on a dvd player which will only be used to playback the intros...

Suggestions are welcomed...

2. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

BTW, I will be using a pronto, and dont want this secondary player to be seen. So IR sensitivity is definetly an issue...

I dont want to have to purchase a IR hub etc..

3. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

anyone??

4. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

I've never used that model but as long as it works, I guess you are ok.

5. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

Keith-- I'm sure many people are interested in helping, but just don't own a Cyberhome. Unless someone has one, we can't verify the IR capabilities, but I'd be amazed if it did not meet your needs.

You ask if the IR receiver is sensitive enough to be placed behind a rack's vent panel-- IMHO, that is more dependent on the material in the vent panel than the sensitivity of the IR sensor. Do a test of your own, using any other IR device that you own. If the signal will pass through the vent panel, then the Cyberhome's IR will likely work. Besides, if it doesn't, you can always return it.

Your first question is easy-- if you are buying a DVD (format) intro, then any DVD player should work. If the intro is in another video format, you'll need to make sure the Cyberhome will play it. The Cyberhome supports the following video formats: DVD, VCD, SVCD, MPEG, and DVD ± R/RW. In all likelihood, you'll probably be OK in this regard.

A quick internet search indicates it won't do MPEG-4.
    http://www.valleyforums.com/showthread.php?t=137