HT Education, Courses, or Certifications?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason_Els, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

Hi all,

At the company where I work, a large cable TV company, a position may soon be created for Audio/Video Installation supervisor. The position would include setting-up and integrating our digital cable TV equipment with existing customer equipment and actually installing home theater equipment. I know a great deal about this stuff courtesy of the folks here and at Home Theater Spot and Home Theater Forum. Naturally though I'd love to have some kind of paper telling the honchos that I really do know what I'm talking about. Are there any certification programs or college degree programs that do this?? I've been looking everywhere! I know about ISF but that doesn't really address the whole magilla does it?

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Many thanks!

P.S. - Yes this was cross-posted to AVS Forum but I need to know--fast!

2. Mark Seaton

Mark Seaton Supporting Actor

Mark Seaton
  3. Nathan Bower

Nathan Bower Extra

I think its time for you to create a detailed portfolio of all of your diy adventures budddy. Thats what I'd do anyway.

Degrees/Certificates are all well and good, but previous experience is paramount imo.

4. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

Thank you both very much. Appreciate the input. [​IMG] $350 a test! Yeesh...