HT construction

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Thomas_A, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

Tomorrow they come out and start plowing the ground and put up the forms for the eventual concrete pour! Conctrete pour is scheduled for next week.Hopefully in the next 60-90 days I'll have my HT [​IMG]

2. Chip_Slattery

Chip_Slattery Stunt Coordinator

Congratulations!

Be glad your in Texas where I assume the ground is a bit drier in the springtime than it is here in the northeast. My foundation was poured about this time two years ago, and here's what a cement truck will do to your springtime lawn around here:

[​IMG]

Keep us posted on your progress and take lots of pictures!!

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Yeah, we have a gallery area on the forum that you can take step by step pictures to keep us all up to date.

4. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

Sorry...been a while... as usual..normal...nothing ever goes as planned...but they finally poured yesterday! I'll have some pics up shortly- my contractor took them for me since I was at work. He also took Video for me. I'm sure it was quite a site on my street with the huge "boom" truck to do the pour! went out sideways 70' then they had to conveyour it! Anyway...Looks good so far. Supposed to start on the frame work next week! AT last though..my front yard has taken a beating from the Bobcat going back and forth...but it will be worth it! Not supposed to have much rain in the next week...so hopefully that holds true!

5. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

well...walls are now going up. The main excitement- I just picked up a new (open box item {0 hrs on bulb) Yamaha LPX-500 projector. Now I have to add that wiring too! and an outlet.

6. David Noll

David Noll Stunt Coordinator

Thomas,
    Looks like your homepage is down?!
    David

7. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    This brings back memories. 2 1/2 years ago I was in the same boat. Did all my own wiring because I had an agreement with the builders but they would not allow me to run my own power. The electrcian cojones were on the job so I had to pay cdn$160 to get a single outlet in the ceiling. When I went to inspect the job after, they installed a light in the ceiling instead of an electrical outlet [​IMG] that was controlled by an on/off switch [​IMG]

They fixed that

8. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

David..yes...my home page is no longer! I had a free web service for a while...but like everything these days...not much is free. So i dumped the site. Current searching for new one too post some pics.

9. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
  10. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit