HT Color Scheme

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Andrew Vickers, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Andrew Vickers

Andrew Vickers Auditioning

Hello,

Soon I will be moving into a new house, and Im trying to think of a good color scheme for my HT. All of my components are black, and my tv is silver. The carpet in the proposed HT room is somewhat of an off white color. Im looking for a "warm" feel to this room... but not sure wehre to start.

Andy

2. Dave Nibeck

Dave Nibeck Stunt Coordinator

Will this be a dedicated or multi-purpose room? I did my brother's dedicated in a wine red. It's beautiful but would not want it in my living room!

3. DarrinH

DarrinH Second Unit

Boy I need help here too.
    I will be rebuilding the EC in about a year in order to incorporate PJ, screen and two tiered seating.
    Dedicated room, no outside windows, whats a couple of good choices?

4. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

My wife picked out our color. Its called "Plumit" a deep plumb purple. You can see pictures of it here but the pictures do not do it justice. The color is lighter during the day and gets darker as the daylight fades.

Dark colors are very difficult to paint but the end result is always good (IMHO). Count on at least 3 or 4 coats depending on color choice. We did 3 coats on our walls with the plumit.

I was not 100% sure of the purple but once we were finished I liked it alot. Very different and visitors always comment on how good it looks and how different it is.

Good luck in your choice.

5. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

I went with warm red walls and dark charcoal ceiling. Very warm and relaxing. I love it. Lookie here.

6. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    Chris, what material is your ceiling? I'm curious because it doesn't look like drywall.

7. Dave Getson

Dave Getson Stunt Coordinator

Hey Shane! I have Mirage speakers as well - the OM7's and OM-C2. How do you find the SVS sounds with them. Right now, I'm only using a 10" Mirage sub. It sounds decent, but I know I it could sound so much better. SVS is what I'm looking at for an upgrade once I get my centre rear channel. (Hopefully getting the OM-C3 and moving the C2 to the rear).

By the way, I love all the colours you guys have!!

8. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

Shane I love your "wire management" very good idea to support the heavy cables with mini-stretch cords.

ScottH, My ceiling is drywall. The trend in ceiling textures around here in new construction is to paint the ceiling and then texture it with a lighter shade of mud to give it some dimension.

9. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

I went with deep amethyst for my walls and kettle black for my ceiling. Both colors are flat paint.