HT Black and Burgandy

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by SamCK, Dec 9, 2003.

1. SamCK

SamCK Agent

I'm planning on painting the front projection HT, a flat black on the screen wall and ceiling, and a burgandy on the side walls. Will this look OK. I want it dark to absorb light. Was trying to find pics of a thater with this color scheme, but so far unsuccessful. Thanks.

2. Erik Farstad

Erik Farstad Supporting Actor

Sam, I have a black front wall and deep red/blue side and rear walls...and it works great. You can see pics at my site below! [​IMG] So I think you're burgandy will work great.

E

3. Ron Hanson

Ron Hanson Agent

I have something like this color scheme also but have some gray surfaces also.

Take a peek through my link below.

4. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

I think black and burgundy will go very well together.

5. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

I have black and burgandy side walls along with the front wall. I wanted my screen wall to be all black but the fabric supplier got my order backwards. When I ordered my fabric I made exact measurements for each colour and ordered 5 more yards of black verses burgandy. Of course I completed my screen wall last only to find out that I had just enough to do the upper part black, but had enough burgandy to do the lower. Since I'm on a tight schedule I decided to go with the burgandy and if I didn't like it, order some more black later on. I haven't hung the screen or projector to see how it affects performance (i.e. if it's distracting to the eye) but it does look pretty good on its own.

6. Chad Anson

Chad Anson Second Unit

My newly completed theater is black and burgundy with brass trim and I think it looks very nice. Of course, I'm biased. [​IMG]

Over the holidays, I'll put up some pictures.

7. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

I just put my trim up last night on half of the walls. Due to time constraints I will not have a chance to paint it so I'm keeping it white (primed) until after the holidays. I was suprised how good it looked with the burgandy to black transitions. It shouldn't reflect too much light back at the screen so I may end up keeping it that way. I'll have a better idea tonight as I will be building my screen and mounting my projector. :-D

8. Jeff Engel

Jeff Engel Stunt Coordinator

Mine too is black and burgundy. Check out my pics to see how nice it looks together.

9. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

I have burgundy on the bottom half and dark,dark grey (cannon grey to be exact) on the top half of the walls and ceiling. It looks fantastic. Go for it!