ht and gaming

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff cr, Oct 29, 2002.

1. jeff cr

jeff cr Agent

just wondering if anybody out there has a playstation 2 hooked up thru their ht reciever. I am getting one shortly and i'm curious how it hooks in. Also do you know if you get 5.1 surround out of it. I'm assuming you do because it plays dvd also. let me know. thanks

2. BrentPollard

BrentPollard Second Unit

I have mine hooked up just as any other component. I used the multi cable from my PS1 to hook it up via s-video and the RCA's I also connected thru the optical to get digital to my pre/pro. I haven't actually tried a dvd, but I have read somewhere that the PS2 do not support DD 5.1 as far as games go, some do however have DTS. [​IMG]

3. Peter Rohlfs

Peter Rohlfs Stunt Coordinator

As above, works fine. Also using the digital optical sound and componenent connectors.

I believe some games do use DD on cut scenes. SSX Tricky has DTS support.

Peter

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Jeff: we have an entire fourm dedicated to gaming hardware, including making it a part of your HT system. I'll move your post over there. [​IMG]

5. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

And there's an entire thread stuck to the top of the page called "Next-generation hardware FAQ" that has the answers to all of your questions. [​IMG]