What's new

ht and gaming (1 Viewer)

jeff cr

Agent
just wondering if anybody out there has a playstation 2 hooked up thru their ht reciever. I am getting one shortly and i'm curious how it hooks in. Also do you know if you get 5.1 surround out of it. I'm assuming you do because it plays dvd also. let me know. thanks

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I have mine hooked up just as any other component. I used the multi cable from my PS1 to hook it up via s-video and the RCA's I also connected thru the optical to get digital to my pre/pro. I haven't actually tried a dvd, but I have read somewhere that the PS2 do not support DD 5.1 as far as games go, some do however have DTS. ;)

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
As above, works fine. Also using the digital optical sound and componenent connectors.

I believe some games do use DD on cut scenes. SSX Tricky has DTS support.

Peter

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Jeff: we have an entire fourm dedicated to gaming hardware, including making it a part of your HT system. I'll move your post over there. :)

Dan B

Screenwriter
And there's an entire thread stuck to the top of the page called "Next-generation hardware FAQ" that has the answers to all of your questions. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks