What's new

HT & Air Flow Problem *Fix* (1 Viewer)

Tommy_C

Stunt Coordinator
also, are you planning on drawing air out to pull air in via your heat ducts or are you going to just bring in fresh air in from the family room.

TC

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Tommy, fans work great and I don't hear a thing. I've been real busy and haven't been able to update my site with what I did but it is coming soon....and depending on what I do I can either crack the back window to bring in "real" fresh air or I can just leave the door cracked and it does the trick. If I want to I can add another return but I don't think it's necessary. But I'm SUPER happy with how the fan pulls the air out...in fact I removed the seal on the bottom of my door and enough fresh air comes into the room that way as well so I don't have to crack the door if I don't want to....and I'm not worried about sound escaping under there like I was originally so it's all good! :D

E

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Excellent to hear Erik.

I basically did the same with my fan setup. I left the fan mounted to the back wall of the theater and inside the theater I built an insulated soffit around it for sound dampening. At the front end I cut in a small opening through the theater wall and on the outside of the I built a multi-angled insulated soffit around that opening. Turn the fan on and air moves through the room extremely well, so well in fact, I have yet to fire up my AC. With the fan directly overhead it puts out about 20dbs, less than my FP.

Update your site so we can see some pics :)

Peace Out~:D

Tommy_C

Stunt Coordinator
Great to hear that it works so well. So you are using it to pull air out. My problem is I do not have a window to crack and my goal was not to have to leave the door cracked. Not because of sound escaping but with 4 rug rats and friends of rug rats usually running around I am trying to keep sound out. lol

Would there be a way to make the fan work in either direction? Maybe some sort of reverse?

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Ron, cool to hear your situation works well too! And yea, I need to get off my butt and update the site! :b

TC, Yes, I'm using the fan to pull air out...I was going to install the second fan to push air in but found enough air gets in either under the door or through the window when I crack it that I don't need the other fan and so returned it. The fan can be installed to either push or pull, simply by installing it with the direction arrows pointing the way you want air to flow! :D So in short, yes it could work in either direction.

E

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
One note Tommy, you cannot force cool air into a sealed room. Your best option is to work in an exhaust fan to remove the hot air and install a vent somewhere that will allow cool air to enter.

Peace Out~:D

Tommy_C

Stunt Coordinator
Ron my though would be that no room is really "sealed". But if I were to draw air in, I would be pulling fresh air in from the heat/ac reg. On or off it would still pull air in wouldn't it?

BTW saw your pictures for the first time, when I was first building mine you were working on yours and did not have any pic's on file. Saw that you posted some and it looks good. Does it seem strange with the garage door up? Have your neighbors asked what you were doing...

Looks good

TC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks