hsu vtf2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelDW, May 28, 2002.

1. MichaelDW

MichaelDW Stunt Coordinator

would this sub sound right if placed in a 3 sided enclosure such as a cabnet or entertainment center? my cabnet is 18"w/25"h/20"d I thnk that would leave 4" on each side for the ports to breathe. I can't find a sub that's front fireing with ports in front as well. and also would the vtf2 fill a room thats 15'/20' opening into other rooms? thanks for all yall's help

2. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

This should work fine. I would leave it max extension mode...and block off the *rear* firing port. The driver is down firing..so being enclosed on 3 sides should have minimal effect. You might run into the cabinet vibrating though.

It is usually a bad idea to pre-determine the subwoofer location in the room like this though. Would the subwoofer be near a corner by any chance?

Tv

3. MichaelDW

MichaelDW Stunt Coordinator

yes it would and thanks for your help

4. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

I would go ahead and give it a shot then [​IMG]
    Just leave a little gap on the amp side of the vtf-2 to make sure it gets a little air over the cooling fins. I would guess an inch between the fins and the nearest cabinet wall would be fine.
    TV

5. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

I think the Velodyne CHT models are front firing and have front ports.

6. David_Rivshin

David_Rivshin Second Unit

The AR S300 and S500 subs are down firing with front facing ports and volume control. Unfortunately I believe they were discontinued a few months back and you'd be lucky to find one. The VTF-2 should outclass them anyways from what I can tell, having listened to neither.