1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

hsu vtf2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelDW, May 28, 2002.

1. MichaelDW

MichaelDW Stunt Coordinator

would this sub sound right if placed in a 3 sided enclosure such as a cabnet or entertainment center? my cabnet is 18"w/25"h/20"d I thnk that would leave 4" on each side for the ports to breathe. I can't find a sub that's front fireing with ports in front as well. and also would the vtf2 fill a room thats 15'/20' opening into other rooms? thanks for all yall's help

2. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

This should work fine. I would leave it max extension mode...and block off the *rear* firing port. The driver is down firing..so being enclosed on 3 sides should have minimal effect. You might run into the cabinet vibrating though.

It is usually a bad idea to pre-determine the subwoofer location in the room like this though. Would the subwoofer be near a corner by any chance?

Tv

3. MichaelDW

MichaelDW Stunt Coordinator

yes it would and thanks for your help

4. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

I would go ahead and give it a shot then [​IMG]
    Just leave a little gap on the amp side of the vtf-2 to make sure it gets a little air over the cooling fins. I would guess an inch between the fins and the nearest cabinet wall would be fine.
    TV

5. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

I think the Velodyne CHT models are front firing and have front ports.

6. David_Rivshin

David_Rivshin Second Unit

The AR S300 and S500 subs are down firing with front facing ports and volume control. Unfortunately I believe they were discontinued a few months back and you'd be lucky to find one. The VTF-2 should outclass them anyways from what I can tell, having listened to neither.