What's new

hsu-vtf2 or vel spl-1000 (1 Viewer)

Rick Fitz

Agent
Wanted to know if given a choice which would be the better sub. I do 75/25 ht/music. My room is 19x17 with 9' ceiling. Am using diva 4.1's and c3 with a pioneer 45tx. I could get the spl for about $150.00 more then the hsu. I've heard the spl but have not had any chance to demo a hsu. By the way i have all hardwood floors and except for a small rug, I don't have much choice at this time, but am working at it!

Thanks,
Rick

Anybody have an extra pair or two of the diva 2.1's.

Michael Roderiques

Stunt Coordinator
Rick
At 2900 Cubic feet you are going to want to go with a larger driver than a 10", 12" is better, but still is pushing it's limits.

I would suggest you look into something in the 15" range.

I am not sure what is limiting your choices. If budget is the constraint, my personal recommendation is to wait until you have the funds available for a sub more suited to your environment. Why spend the money now on something you will want to replace as soon as you get it.

Rick Fitz

Agent
Budget is always a bit of restraint, but I would like something to hold me over. I can always sell it later. Or I can pick up one 10" or 12" now and get a 2nd one later. Would two 10" be enough?

Rick

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Driver size alone does not tell the whole story. The Hsu VTF-2 is quite a capable sub. In max output mode, you lose a little extension, but this thing will give some serious thump! I don't know the performance specs on that particular Vel, but the Hsu is right there w/ the Paradigm 2200, which is quite a bit more.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Alternatively, if you like the looks, the smallest powered SVS at $550 will be sure to please as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks