What's new

HSU VTF-2 question (1 Viewer)

MikeWe

Agent
I have an opportunity to purchase an HSU VTF-2 used for $375 or maybe less. The sub is about 18 months old. I was wondering if there have been any changes to the sub over this time period.

I assume the warranty is still in effect but was wondering if there have been recent upgrades that would make the purchase of a new sub wiser.

It will be used with a Pioneer Elite VSX-45tx receiver.

Thanks.

Jon Musil

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,

Exactly what I was going to write. I looked on the Hsu site today and saw the B-stock deal at $399.

I emailed Hsu because I wasn't sure if the regular A-stock price is $499 or if that was a further reduction on the B-stock, given they are out of stock on the A-stock. That's a whole lotta stocks isn't it?

Do you know what the list price for an A-stock VFT-2 is?

MikeWe

Agent
Yeah, I saw the b-stock deal, but you don't know how bad the cosmetic defect will be and it is a no return policy. Plus, I am hopeful I can get the price down, and I can pick up locally.

Jon Musil

Stunt Coordinator
Sasha from Hsu wrote me that they will probably put the A-stock VFT-2's on sale today for $449! Unfortunately, they are backed up till mid August on delivery, which begs the question, why put them on sale when they are BO'd?

Still, good news, it seems like a very good deal which includes shipping.

Does anyone know where the Hsu subs are made (country of origin)?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
The VTF series of subs are assembled in the US. Some parts are from the US, some from China I think.

The new STF series will be assembled in China.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
$375 is a decent price, but I would try to get it down. I picked one up 2 weeks ago for $325 in perfect condition: I would describe it 9/10 per Audiogon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks