What's new

HSU vs. Infinity vs Energy HELP!! (1 Viewer)

Dan:L

Grip
Im looking to buy a new set of speakers to acompany a denon 1705. Which one do you guys think is better:
-Ventriloquist VT-12 with the STF1 sub
-Infinity TSS-750 /(possibly TSS-1100 also)
-Energy Act6

I know that the infinity 1100 is a bit more expensive than the rest of the speakers, but if its worth it, i'll go for it.

Thanks,

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
You'll find proponents for all of them. Really, it depends on your preference. Best way would be to audition them, but that may prove difficult. You'll find all sorts of good reviews on the HSU. I would say go for that just to get a hsu sub. For that matter, take a look at SVS at their new line of bookshelves. with a PB10 for 899.

Good luck,

YC

Grip
Thanks Chan.

After reading a review on all of these, I'm leaning towards the 1100. However, is the denon 1705 good enough to drive these speakers? I know that if I had a denon 38xx for example, it would sound alot better, but if the 1705 has what it takes I'll keep it.

Any comments are welcome.

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Your receiver shouldn't have any problems powering small speakers with your receiver. I used to have an older Denon 1803, that I really enjoyed. Did you take a look at the SVS site. Their 5.1 set up looks very nice for a similar price to the Infinity (cheaper even). Again, I think the big bonus is the subwoofer. For HT, I would put a lot of importance into the subwoofer, especially with smaller speakers. You'll find nothing but high praise for the PB10. I would look into that, but again, your own preference is the issue. Good luck

Just looked at the Hsu site, they have a sale on their VT-12 with their ST2 and ST3 subs.

yc
YC

Grip
Thanks for all the help Chan, but I think I'll go with the Infinity 1100. The VT-12's center is kind of awkward, and the satellites have to tweeter. I know they produce "big sound" but I also want high sounds. I know Infinity is great at high sounds and I previously owned an infinity tss-750, which I really thought was great. So if the 1100 is all around better than the 750, I dont see how it cant be good for me :).

I heard the Infinity 1100's sub is not the greatest, but I think is more than enough for me. Besides, if it blows or just isnt enough, I can always upgrade.

Cheers,
Daniel

Grip
Also, (sorry for double posting), Im kind of afraid of trying out the VT-12 since I have never seen or heard them. Im also thinking of upgrading the receiver to 1905, is it worth it??

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks