What's new

HSU Ventriloquist VT-12 six channel system with the STF-1 subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Eric L.

Grip
Has anyone heard anything about the HSU surround sound package Ventriloquist VT-12 six channel system? A friend of mine was showing me his HT (which includes a SVS 16-46PCi sub, Klipsch center, front and rear speakers, and a Yamaha receiver) and he said that if I'm just getting started in HT to check out the HSU speakers. The Ventriloquist VT-12 for $250 and the STF-1 sub for $299 seems like a really good package to start.
Thanks in advance for any opinions and/or advice.

Eric L.

Grip
Thanks for the links. Everything I read seems to be very positive. If anyone has these speakers, your feedback would be helpful. I am sold on the SVS that I heard at my friends house, but it is not in the budget. Is the HSU sub worth getting for $299?
Thanks!!

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
I have heard the Ventriloquist twice, and the 8 inch sub.

Both are great IMO. That 8inch sub was actually pretty amazing.

Eric L.

Grip
Thanks for the feedback. I must say that I have been really impressed so far with HSU. I had a few questions, so I called the number on their website. They answered my call promptly and I even got to talk to Dr. Hsu. He said to take some measurements of my room and get back to him.

Someone also showed me the Infinity Entra® Point Five Home theater speaker system in Crutchfield for $499.

Any opinions between HSU and Infinity?

Matt Abel

Auditioning
I heard the Hsu system at CES. Sound was unbeleivable for the price. The sub was very, very impressive and the sattelites sounded really quite good as well. For $499, I don't know how you could go wrong.

-Matt

BobAlbano

Second Unit
I heard the HSU system at CES as well and I definitely think it is a great value. The only thing that I thought was a little lacking was clarity in the center channel but that could have been due to my seating position almost directly on top of the STF sub...It did feel cool but the sub was a bit "hot" for my taste...Good luck with your decision! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks