What's new

HSU has finally made it home! (1 Viewer)

bit_boy

Grip
Real Name
Adam
Man, I thought I'd never see this thing! HSU ships via Fed Ex and they require a signature to deliver. I missed them Wednesday evening by mere minutes. They left a door tag with some info. I missed them again yesterday because they came at 1:30. ???

After many frustrating phone calls and even longer time on hold, I was able to get to the distribution center that had the sub. They said I could come pick it up and they close at 9 p.m. It was now after 8. I live in the Spring area north of Houston. Their location is off BW8 near West Little York. This is about 33 miles one way. I didn't think I had a snow ball's chance to get there in time.

Needless to say I dumped all the stuff out of my wife's SUV and hauled butt. It was now about 8:15. I made it there by 8:55 after getting lost. If you are familiar with Houston's toll road layout on that side of town (near 290) you will relate.

I picked up the sub without issue. The handles in the box were torn, but the sub itself was not damaged. Needless to say the drive home was a bit more relaxed and stress free.

I unpacked the contents of the box to inspect the sub for damage, etc. My wife was impressed with the size of it. I was impressed with the build quality. I'm anxiously waiting for my cables to arrive (hopefully today!) so I can start setting everything up. I still need to locate an SPL meter.

My wife said I'm like a kid at Christmas. I agreed with her. :D Thanks again to everyone with their advice and comments on this whole experience.

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Congrats on your new Sub. I feel your pain on waiting on a new sub. I ran into the same thing with Bax Global but its all better now my Baby is home and almost in its new spot.
But on a High note. I was going to sell all of my Polk LSi stuff and do something different. Well that plan has changed. I just Scored a brand new pair of Lsi9's for $500. Now I wont be down any time while I'm sending my old pair of 9's in for repair.. Happy days!!!!
Shannon

bit_boy

Grip
Real Name
Adam
Thanks Shannon. I was watching your posts recently. I almost went with a PB-10, but chose the STF-2. Part of my decision to go with HSU was due to your situation (along with budget constraints, etc.).

I guess everyone runs into problems like this occasionally. I'm just glad everything worked out for both of us.

I'm even happier now that my cables arrived yesterday. Now I'm like this... :D

Now comes the hard part, trying to find the time to install and set it all up!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The fact is, these subs have to come by freight (FedEx, Bax or whoever) and freight companies aren't delivering on every other street every day like UPS and regular FedEx. Plus, they are geared more toward delivering to businesses, so scheduling home deliveries can be difficult at times.

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Indeed they can be difficult especially when Fedex driver fails to show up. Was scheduled for a Hsu sub delivery sat home all day waiting no sub finally after a couple of calls to fedex found out the driver indicated he came by and no one was home, total BS. Another couple of less than happy calls to Fedex and they delivered the next day a Saturday. These people don,t understand the customer pay their wages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks