What's new

HSU and Punch (1 Viewer)

Shannon S.

Stunt Coordinator
I was reading a customer review on HSU subs and his only complaint was that it did not have any "punch" to it. Can anyone remark on what sound characteristics these subs have?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
They are very tight, clean, and great for music.

The SVS 20-39PC+ that I demoed at home did not seem to be as punchy as my older VTF-3.

I think I read that review you are referring to. Was that of the STF-1 and the owner could only put it in a certain area?

Shannon S.

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, that was the one. Actually, the STF 1 is the sub that I am considering, since it will be paired with bookshelf speakers (B&W 601s) in a bedroom. I like my bass smooth but with a little punch in the lowest notes for music.

CarlosM

Stunt Coordinator
if you're concerned that the punch may not be enough with the stf-1, you may want to consider the STF-2, but that does not mean it will be needed. I have the STF-2 with my 602's (601s in the rear), and it runs at about 40% volume to match my speakers in volume at reference level (and the receiever at -4db for the subwoofer), but that also brings into the mix my rather oddly shaped room with horrible acoustics. That said, the bass is quick and beautiful, especially for the price of the sub.

I think the STF-1 with the 601s in a bedroom for just music listening (which probably wouldnt go very loud) would be enough and enjoyable, but give Dr. Hsu an email and ask'm him his opinion -- theyve got a form on the web site, and he'll answer your request ina few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks