HS10 Sony Projector or 50" rear projection LCD Sony

Discussion in 'Displays' started by WillJet, Jun 16, 2004.

1. WillJet

WillJet Auditioning

I am trying to make a decision on which to buy, the sony HS10 projector or the Rear Projection LCD TV 50" by sony. The way I have figured it, both will cost me about the same in the long run. Based on my specs/uses below, does anyone have any suggestions?

Room specs and Usage
    I currently have 32" HD Sony XBR TV. The new projector/tv would go in my living room. Distance from the screen would be ~ 10'. And the lighting conditions would not be totaly dark, at least a lamp or 2 on unless watching a late night movie. I would be mostly watching Movies and some Sports in HD. If I got the projector, I would use my 32" to watch most of the television programming.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. WillJet

WillJet Auditioning

I am trying to make a decision on which to buy, the sony HS10 projector or the Rear Projection LCD TV 50" by sony. The way I have figured it, both will cost me about the same in the long run. Based on my specs/uses below, does anyone have any suggestions?

Room specs and Usage
    I currently have 32" HD Sony XBR TV. The new projector/tv would go in my living room. Distance from the screen would be ~ 10'. And the lighting conditions would not be totaly dark, at least a lamp or 2 on unless watching a late night movie. I would be mostly watching Movies and some Sports in HD. If I got the projector, I would use my 32" to watch most of the television programming.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3. Steven_Jobe

Steven_Jobe Stunt Coordinator

The Sony rear projection LCD tv's have had bad reviews(washed out picture, etc). Thier flat panel LCD's have had great reviews. The projector also has great reviews and a much better picture and larger screen capabilities than the rear projection. I would go with the projector, but that's just my opinion.

4. Steven_Jobe

Steven_Jobe Stunt Coordinator

The Sony rear projection LCD tv's have had bad reviews(washed out picture, etc). Thier flat panel LCD's have had great reviews. The projector also has great reviews and a much better picture and larger screen capabilities than the rear projection. I would go with the projector, but that's just my opinion.