What's new

Hrlp me decide! on which svs? (1 Viewer)

Chris Q

Agent
Real Name
Christopher
Hey guys,im stuck on these two,
pb2-isd box sub or,
20-39 pc plus,
from what i have read the pb2 has two 12s and 600 watt amp,while the pcplus only has i believe it was 575,now there may be little or no difference here but i quit a few of you guys own the 20-39,very little price diffrence.

WHICH ONE.PLEASE HELP!!!

Chris Q

WayneO

Supporting Actor
First, I'll give you the "email SVS with your room size and listening preferences" line, they know what's best. Second, my opinion without knowing the first is this. I assume you have room for both, they are big, but the ISD has a much bigger footprint. If that would limit you to one placement option, which may not be the best for the sub, maybe the PC+ would give you more options? might be the way to go. Which one do you like the looks of better? As far as performance, the PB2-ISD will outperform a 20-39PC+ from it's stock of 25hz tune and higher by about 2-4dBs, depending on circumstances. If you tune the PB2 to 20hz, they'll be almost even, with the PC+ having the advantage at lower frequencies(18-22hz appox.). Personally, if it's more for HT and not music, I'd get the PC+. If you would use it for some music at louder volumes, with rock or dance music, get the PB2-ISD. Good luck choosing.

Luitz

Stunt Coordinator
Bottom line 2 subs will perform better then 1.
Dont be like your freinds.
Xtreme always wins:D

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I will disagree on two subs are better than one in certain rooms. I have a large family/HT room. I replaced dual 10" NHT subs which I paid twice as much for, for a PB2+ and could never imagine the need for another one.

Chris Q

Agent
Real Name
Christopher
Hey Guys,thanks for the info
My living room is very small 12by18 with two large openings on one side,my sub is and will be in the oppossite corner,i am really looking forward to hearing a kicking sub,the velodyne is by far a step up from my 10 inch optimus "radio Shack"sub,but i really have a hard time with acoustics in this room,subs have allways given me problems,and yes i'v tried every location possible,and that one corner is by far the best,i just really need a sub that is going to move some air,"and some pants legs":DI really want to feel as if im in the middle of the flic!Got everything but the bass:angry:

Roger Q

Stunt Coordinator
If you can fit a PB-2 box then you might want to consider the PB2-isd. If sounds like you may end up needing EQ. Getting a sub that has some add'l headroom would help if you EQ.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Mikes got it right get two of which ever and you'll be very happy. I would love to see what another PB2+ would do for my room but it seems like the one I have now is only being used part time and I have never had to have it over half way on the gain to feel the hairs on my chest stand up as the air movement drifts by.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks