HP Laserjet Series II drivers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Anybody know where I can download these drivers for an HP Laserjet Series II? My father has an old Okidata OL-400 LED printer and I managed to get it to work with a similar Okidata driver in Win95, but we've since upgraded to Win98 and it seems everytime we print, some invisible control character is being interpreted as printable output and it puts a header on the top of the driver, the dpi and some other info that supposed to be invisible. The manual says to try to use HP LJ II drivers so that was something I wanted to try... Can't seem to download them from HP or anywhere that I've looked...

Jay

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Every version of Windows I've used (95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, ME) comes with a HP LaserJet Series II driver. Have you tried that? Note that it is actually listed as "HP LaserJet Series II" so it appears later in the list than the "LaserJet III", etc. Just keep scrolling down.

KJP

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yes, I know that, I have a Windows95 CD but when using the "have disk" it doesn't accept it, seems to insist on the Windows98CD as if the driver is different. HP has on their website Autocad drivers and some European version with Euro fonts. I'd use that if I thought it has the actual drivers on it but I'm not sure if that is just some European fonts and stuff. Anybody know for sure?

Jay