How's the Samsung TSL2795HF? - Please read

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Bluhm, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Adam Bluhm

Adam Bluhm Supporting Actor

Okay, guys. I'll try to keep this short.
    I'm piecing together an HT but my room is small. I've concluded that a 32" is too big and would stick out too far from the wall. A plasma is out of the question. [​IMG] A 27" set seems the way to go at this time. I can get Toshiba and Panny wholesale, but they do not make HD sets below 32".
    However, Samsung does. [​IMG] I do want to get an HD set. My question is, does anyone have experience with Samsung HD sets? I guess you don't have to go into too much depth, but I don't know if Samsung aren't good as a rule. I've never researched this company as much as I have Tosh, Panny, for example.
    Thanks for any replies. I've been researching HT for the last 6+ months in my free time. Before then, I thought any tv was capable of high definition viewing. I've come a long way since then. [​IMG] Sooo much to learn!

2. Adam Bluhm

TXM2797HF may be another model to consider. It doesn't list it's depth (in inches) at Samsungusa.com, so I don't know if it'll qualify for my room constraints. [​IMG]
    «edit»
    Oops. It's listed as less than 20" deep. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Jim FC

Jim FC Stunt Coordinator

Adam,
    The Samsungs seem reliable enough and do have a nice colorful picture on DVD or HD, but the ones I've seen have disappointed me with their delivery of cable-type sources. The last one I messed with was last year's 32" model, so maybe they've improved. As I recall they have a very oddball input switching system: you push a button to get a list of inputs and select from there, rather than toggling through all inputs in order as everybody else does it. Definitely worth a look, though; Samsung is a company without a high profile in the US, and they seem to be introducing some really nice TVs at low prices to get their name recognition up.

4. Adam Bluhm

Thanks, Jim.
    Oddly enough, you mentioned it's poor quality to produce a cable picture. This will only be hooked to a DVD player and possibly a gaming console. [​IMG]
    Thank you for your reply. Any other info about these sets are appreciated. [​IMG]

5. Adam Bluhm

Here's a quote I pulled off Cnet:

Hmmm. Any takers to support this or shoot it down?

6. Adam Bluhm

The TXM2797HF I mentioned above seems to be one of the few smaller Samsung sets which support 3:2 pulldown. This set takes the lead of all the contenders I've considered in the past.

Thanks for any feedback.

7. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

If you have seen any of my past posts, you will know I LUV my TSL3294. I use it for NON HDTV dishnetwork (looks pretty good on most chanels,REAL GOOD on others, and crap on a few, but that is all compression related. As far as progressive DVD's and my XBOX. BEAUTIFUL, everyone who comes over is amazed at how great it looks.
    I am sure you will be very pleased with a Samsung HDTV!
    I am.

8. Adam Bluhm

Thanks much, Mikey. I need to ask you fellas for one more flavor. [​IMG] I'll look as we speak, but can any of you point out any url's of good places to buy a Samsung set, preferably the TXM2797HF, found here:
    http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...M2797HFX%2fXAA
    I'm jumping on this particular model because of the 3:2 pulldown capability.
    As always, thanks guys. You've been most helpful.[​IMG]
    «edit»
    I found it as sears.com and I also do have a Sears within an hour from me. [​IMG]
    Thanks again!