How's the remote of DENON AVR 3805?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Octavio, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Octavio

Octavio Stunt Coordinator

How is the remote of the new Denon AVR 3805. Anyone can report on that?

2. Tom_Mack

Tom_Mack Stunt Coordinator

I have used the Denon 3805 remote for the past week and want to get rid of it ASAP! To me, it feels very cheaply made.

Volume is hard to control - if you press the volume button 3 times quickly, the volume will sometimes jump 10 db instead of 1.5db.

The backlit symbols do not always line up with the "real" button. If you are going to have a remote with "virtual" buttons, a touch-screen would work much better than the "overlay" the denon has. It reminds me of the feel of the old Intelevision controlers from the 80s. I'm sure that overlay on the Denon remote will be scratched up in no time at all. You need to press the dead center of the 0 button, but just the right of the 7. It takes many keystrokes to perform simple tasks when using multiple pieces of equipment.

I much prefer Yamaha's new remote to the Denon remote even though the Yamaha is not backlit.

3. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    The buttons are a little small, but otherwise, Ive had no problems with mine. I really like it.

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

My buddy just bought a 3805. His opinion of the remote, and mine, are that it is typical Denon JUNK. I've never seen a remote control from Denon that was any good. That includes the Atkis i had with a 5803. I learned the remote into an MX700 for my friend in about 10 minutes. The 3805 remote is in a drawer for good. Great receiver, shitty remote.

5. VincentK

VincentK Extra

i don't really like the remote. it's a bit gimmicky to me. i use a harmony lst-659 instead.

6. Brent_j

Brent_j Stunt Coordinator

I dont have any complaints against the remote except the volume control is very frustrating at times, other than that, I really dont mind it.
    I am sure one of these days I will get a true touch screen remote but it does the job for right now.

Brent.