How's the PC version of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Max Leung, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Anybody have it? And more importantly, has anyone tried to load an xbox saved game into it? [​IMG]

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Reposted from my forums:

Recently bought the PC version of Biowares fantastic Roleplaying game. Its a god send I tell you. I really loved the Xbox game and the PC version was a must buy for me for the high resolution and the hope that the framerate was a bit smoother than the Xbox game. I'm happy to say the game looks absolutely stunning in high resolution. AA and AF are of course necessary[​IMG]. I have the game running with 4XAA and 4XAF and it runs very nicely. Still some small sluggishness here and there but on the whole noticeably smoother than the Xbox version (at least on Taris and the opening training level) and far more visually appealing.

The PC and Xbox games were developed simultaneously and thankfully Bioware did not use the same interface for the PC game. You can see in the screenshots below it differs quite a bit from the Xbox version and it just feels great. Very intuitive and a perfect fit for the mouse and KB. (I actually like it a bit more than the Xbox version.)

Here are some screens to sample (all screens are at 1280X960 with 2 at 1600X1200. So make sure to completely upsize the pics for full effect. The 1600X1200 screenies were taken with 6XAA and 16XAF. Those settings=FPS of about 10-14 :lmfao: ):

KOTOR 1
    KOTOR 2
    KOTOR 3
    KOTOR 4
    KOTOR 5
    KOTOR 6
    KOTOR 7
    KOTOR 8
    KOTOR 9
    KOTOR 10
    KOTOR 11
    KOTOR 12

Enjoy!

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Thanks for the review!

What videocard do you have? I'm thinking I may need to upgrade my Geforce 4 Ti 4400 to run it with 4xAA and 4xAF at 1280x960. Ouch!

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

That was fast - I didn't realize it was destined to the PC so quickly.

5. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    I'm running a laptop with a 3.0 ghz processor and a Geforce 4 MX equivalent... will it run decently at 1024?