How's the Beetlejuice Disc?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Knutzen, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Curious on picture and sound quality. Also, any likelyhood that Burton might re-visit this as an SE?

2. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

Both picture and sound are pretty good for one of Warner's early discs. There's a new DD5.1 track that works pretty well with all the stuff flying around in the movie (especially the cemetary/fly scene). I'm hoping this will get the Warner 2-disc special treatment, because this movie certainly deserves it!

3. Robert_Powers

It definatly needs a better treatment.
    IMO the video quality looks like it was taken right from a VHS copy of the film, it's nice but very grainey.This was the first dvd I bought, and compared to my other early released dvd movies it needs improving.The 5.1 soundtrack is great though, the remastered sound and music makes it feel new but still the quality of the video makes it seem like Im watching a tape with dvd audio.I really am hoping for a special edition with a behind the scenes and bunch of extra goodies.
    If they had a Tim Burton dvd box i'ld be first in line to buy them all, as long as they are all given better treatment.Like for example Batman and Batman Returns.Batman has 5.1 surround yet it never utilizes the rear surrounds except for echo effects and the musical score.
    *Crosses fingers for a Beetlejuice 2 disc set in the near future [​IMG] *