What's new

How's that 12 VOLT TRIGGER work??? (1 Viewer)

NicholasL

Second Unit
My question is kind of 2 fold. The first deals with Monster Power units, the second with Parasound HALO.

1) I have the HTPS 7000 and HTS 2600. I connect the 2600 to the 7000 using the supplied 12 volt trigger. However, the 2600 only seems to turn on and off when the 7000 does, only WHEN THE 2600 IS PLUGGED INTO THE 7000. Not the wall. Is this how it has to be done?

2) Since the Parasound HALO C2 controller has multiple 12 volt triggers, I want to plug the A51 and A21 amps into it using these triggers. However, if the monster power scenario is the same...then that would mean I have to plug the A51 and A21 (AC power cords) into the C2? Is this even possible? It would fry the unit!

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i would like to see you try to plug the a51 and a21 power cords into the c2. just where do you intend to plug them in? i'm not exactly sure why you have the 2600 plugged into the 7000, but here is what i suggest. plug both the 7000 and the 2600 into the wall. since you have multiple 12 volt triggers on the c2, run one mini-plug cable from the c2 to the 7000 and one mini-plug cable from the c2 to the 2600. plug the c2 into one of the always on outlets of either the 7000 or the 2600 (7000 preferably). plug your amps into the high current switched outlets of the 7000 or the 2600. turn your amps on and leave them on. if i'm not mistaken, in this configuration, when you turn on the c2, it will send a 12 volt signal to the 2600 and 7000 which will turn on the switched outlets where your amps are plugged in.

kevin t

NicholasL

Second Unit
Thank you for the response Kevin. That configuration you described sounds like it would definately work...only there are 2 small issues.

1) The power amps are recommended to be plugged directly into the wall, which is what I want to do. When driven at high loads, the powerconditioners might not be able to provide sufficient power and may close them off somewhat. That is why 2 of the 12 volt triggers on the C2 have to be reserved for the A51 and A21.

2) If I did connect the 2600 or 7000 (or both) into the C2 using just the 12 volt triggers (as in their main AC power outlets would be going into the wall), would these power conditioners both turn ON and OFF when the C2 was? I'm confused on this part because when I tried connecting the 2600 to the 7000 using just the 12 volt trigger, it would only turn ON along with the 7000, but stay on even when I powered off the 7000.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
since i don't own a c2, how many triggers does it have? here's my take on your situation.

1. the high current outlets are meant to deliver the full amount of power available so to speak so i seriously doubt you'll hear any audible difference between the wall outlet and the 7000. for reference, i have a pair of aragon palladium ii monoblocks (400 watt @ 8 ohm) plugged into my panamax max2000 (among other things). i tried plugging them into the wall and really did not notice any difference in sound. your mileage may vary though.

2. the 12 volt trigger works as a switch. with units such as the 2600 and 7000, there are a number of outlets (or banks). some of these outlets can be programmed as always on and some can be switched. when you connect the 12 volt trigger, the switched outlets will turn on when a 12 volt signal is present. the always on outlets are just that...always on. the always on outlets are for items such as pre-amps, televisions, vcr, dss receivers, and the like. the switched outlets are for anything else which you would like to be remotely switched on. if the c2 were plugged into an always on outlet, it would be given constant power so you could always turn it off or on with your remote. turning it on would send the 12 volt signal which would turn the switched outlets on. turning the c2 off would stop the 12 volt trigger which would turn the switched outlets off. i can't comment on the 7000 plugged into the 2600 as i have no experience with either unit.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks