How's NFL 2K3/Madden 2003 5.1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Damien, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

I never really heard any info. so i am curious how well this is used. The main thing I would like to know is how the crowd noise is implemented in each game(is it loud and logical.) it would help if you can compare it to ncaa 2003's for reference it will make it easier on me. I assume the announcers are coming from the center, but what about the refs? thanks

one last thing how do they compare to halo

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Don't have NCAA to compare it to, but the crowd is both loud and logical on 2K3. In fact, I find the crowd to be too loud and it drowns out the announcers that I have to adjust the settings to "TV presentation" mode (boosts the announcers, tones down the crowd).

I don't think the sound here is as good crowd wise as World Series Baseball, but it does use the center channel from what I can ascertain and it's a pretty good job. Fans cheer for the right stuff, but I haven't heard any booing yet. Could be just me focusing on the game itself.

3. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

4. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Chris, are you playing 2k3? Unless I am missing something here, does Madden 2003 on the PS2 not have DD or DTS?

5. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

I just got 2k3 for Xbox tonight, and found the announcers were completely drowned out by the crowd noise. I little adjusting in the options cleared that up. I really like the player chatter, sounds very real. Just like on TV, were you can almost make out the obsceneties, but not quite.

The bass in the game is very impressive with my dual SVS 20-39CS's.

JP

6. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor