Howling SE lockups?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sean Patrick, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

anyone experienced lockups/breakups early on with the Howling SE dvd??? this is the second MGM disc i've had problems with tonight (see my La Femme Nikita SE thread), but this seems more like a hardware/software issue (i have a panasonic rp91) than a questionable transfer issue. but i think these 2 dvd's came out from MGM around the same time, and i've never had similar problems with ANY discs in 3 years with my dvd player.

any info appreciated

thanks

2. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

I too had a lockup, I think around the hour mark or maybe in chapter 26 in The Howling, not sure.It happened when the girl was walking through woods after discovering the painting was the same location as the beach.

3. MikeHughes

MikeHughes Agent

4. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

No problems on my 2 year old Panasonic player with "The Howling SE" disc.

5. RISUG

RISUG Stunt Coordinator

No problems with "The Howling SE" - (I've watched the entire movie and all the extras) - on my three year old
    Sony DVP330 dvd player - one of Sony's very first players by the way.

6. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

No problems so far on my girlfriend's Sony, my friend's APEX or on my own Yamaha DVD Player or Sony PS2.

7. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

well i hope it's not a player-specific issue with my RP91.

on another note - weren't there some issues with this transfer being "off" from what was intended? i think it looks fine. was it specific shots or the whole film?

8. Joe S

Joe S Second Unit

I bought this title a couple weeks ago and didn't take a good look at it until a few days ago. On my Sony DVP-NS700P, the widescreen version has some lockups in chapter 27 when Dee Wallace Stone is brought to the barn. The player skips a bit and eventually jumps back to chapter 26(!). It played OK on an APEX AS-600 and the DVD drive in my computer. I didn't watch the whole fullscreen version, but chapter 27 played fine on the Sony.

I was ready to return it, but after checking it on the other players I thought I might have the same problem with a replacement.