Howling Review Anyone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim L, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Tim L

Tim L Second Unit

I've always loved this movie but was wondering if anyone has had the chance to view this recently released dvd- if so, how is the audioand video on this puppy ( I'm not expecting miracles- just curious) thanks
    Tim

2. Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B Second Unit

Tim, picked this up yesterday and will view tomorrow, will post a review on quality after.

3. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I was flipping through the disc today (I watched Killer Klowns and Scanners instead, and got four more DVDs to watch). The image quality is pretty good for a 1980 film and it's presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen while the sound quality (English Mono) is decent. The only extra is a grainy theatrical trailer in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen.
    If you want to wait a year, an SE will come out sometime in 2002 as reported by Joe Dante.
    I should post an in-depth review over at DVDInDetail.com soon.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    DVD In Detail - DVD Reviewer
    My DVD Collection / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
    "I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

4. Bob_Mandel

Bob_Mandel Stunt Coordinator

5. Tim L

Tim L Second Unit

wow, thanks for the quick responses- Special edition next year? mmmm, sounds interesting- I wonder if they will indeed clean up the image and incorporate a new 5.1 mix- probably not but wishful thinking- I've waited 20 years to buy this on home video I guess another year won't kill me- again thanks for the heads up
    Tim

6. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Producer

I just saw this movie for the first time on DVD! I’m wondering who is that second-role lady? Is that Stephanie Zimbalist? She looks extremely like her! You know... Stephanie Zimbalist, ... from "Remington Steele” ... Pierce Brosnan’s first Bond mini-movies! [​IMG]

7. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

DVD Basen is great site that allows you to search for reviews.