Howdy! I'm new and I've got a question.

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by BillySmith, Jan 2, 2004.

1. BillySmith

BillySmith Extra

I have been into HT for a few years now but I never thought to look up anything on the internet. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a list of wholesale shops that you use. I have seen parts express but, I was wondering if there are any others that you prefer. Thanks, Billy

2. Bob K

Bob K Stunt Coordinator

Billy,

"Wholesale shops" for what? Drivers? Electronics parts (resistors, capaciters, etc.)? Kits? Let us know and we'll help.

3. BillySmith

BillySmith Extra

Any places that you purchase from would help. I'm tired of going to best buy to look at HT stuff. As a start though I am going to build a DIY sub soon. I currently have a sony 12" 120w active woofer and it is a little weak imo for my setup.

4. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

MCM is right up there with PE, get a catalog though, i can't stand there online site.

5. BillySmith

BillySmith Extra

Thanks guys, your help is really appreciated! Btw, This is a great site! I'm glad that I stumbled across it.

6. Bob K

Bob K Stunt Coordinator

As I newbie, I think I can't post urls, but here are some sites I go to for various things:

www dot madisound dot com -- drivers and speaker related stuff

www dot partsconnexion dot com -- caps, resistors, binding posts, etc.

www dot welbornelabs dot com -- ditto

There are also the "big" electronics houses, Newark, Allied Electronics, Mouser and Digi-Key. I'm sure a google search will turn them up.

On the woodworking-related side, for enclosures,

www dot mcfeelys dot com -- THE place for screws

www dot mcmaster-carr dot com -- Another place for screws, threaded inserts, tee nuts (which I don't use), etc.