What's new

Howdja make out on black friday? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Get any good deals?

I snapped up the 5 for $25 deal at Bestbuy, got 3 eastwood westerns, big mommas house and Young Frankenstein SE.

Best buy was out of the Zelda Gamecubes for $99 so I went across the street and grabbed the Blister pack of GC, Controller & memory card for $129 at Costco. Not shabby.

Then I had to ger back to work =(

Sam

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I mainly went for cheap DVD recordable discs, and plenty of DVD-Rs (5-packs for $1.94 at Microcenter) to last me quite a while (around 80 blank DVD-Rs). Bought 2 DVD players for $30 each, and a small UPS for $17 from Microcenter as well. I tried to avoid MIR as much as possible, which curtailed my buying some items that would have tied up my money for 6-8 weeks.

The DVD deals weren't all that appealing to me because I had most of what I wanted, even at the lowered prices couldn't entice me to wait in the long checkout lines.

At Best Buy, I had hoped to get in on the $50 (after MIR)120GB hard drive deal, but I got there too late.

I'll be going to Circuit City later and snagging some CDs at their sale price of $9.99 today. I only have a few I'm looking for anyhow, didn't have a need to get there during the crazy hours this morning.

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
I work at KB Toys and had to be there at 4AM. I made out with my life ;). Actually, it wasn't that bad, just a lot of people. I am, however, very tempted by the $9.99 CDs at Circuit City...

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I bought 2 DVDs at Target (Phone Booth and X2), 2 DVDs at Circuit City (Battle of Britain and Thomas Crown Affair), 5+ DVDs at Best Buy (Italian Job, Charlies Angels: FT, Anger Management, Wedding Planner, and Simpson's Season 1).

I also grabbed 20 CDs at Circuit City.

Van Patton

Second Unit
I bought an $80 DVD burner at Staples. Now I can start my illegal pirate business that I've been dreaming about....LOL.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I went to work and made money while it seems most everyone else was out spending!!!

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I don't know about everyone else Donny, but I made money without going to work. I get paid vacation. :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
kill me now, I bought one of the $130 27" Apex tv's at walmart. Needed a TV for the bedroom. :)
1 s-video and 3 composite inputs... what was I thinking?

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Got the $279 Samsung 17" flat panel and $80 Lite-On 4x DVD Burner from Best Buy.

.com.:) No wait there, baby!

My 8 1/2-months-pregnant wife got up at 4:45am, left, and I didn't see her until noon. She enjoys the madness of Black Friday- why, I'll never know.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I saw on the news two ladies pushing and pulling each other trying to get in front of a line. Plus I heard the local Wal-mart had to shut down because too many people were inside. Mongoloids!

Any roughian stories?

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I'm still here, didn't go shopping though - only a masochist would go shopping on a day like that.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
I made out better than the woman in Florida that was trampled by people running for the $29 DVD's. Paramedics found her unconscious laying on a stack of DVD players and said she had a seizure after being trampled. They said she would be hospitalized throughout the weekend.:frowning:

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
I didn't do much shopping. I went to Target to get the $39.99 Indiana Jones trilogy (no sale; out of stock :angry:) and a $12.88 Sleeping Beauty DVD for the kids. I was pretty disappointed about the Indiana Jones trilogy, especially when the guy ahead of me in the checkout line had one. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks