What's new

Howard The Duck On DVD?? Please (1 Viewer)

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator
:) Hi,

Has anyone any information on the movie Howard The Duck?? I hope so much that this movie will be released on DVD soon :emoji_thumbsup:

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Maybe Lucas could combine this movie with The Star Wars Holiday Special and release it as a "Oh God, What Was I Thinking???" DVD SE. :D

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'd definitely buy "Howard the Duck". I remember seeing this in the theater as a kid. Sure it's bad, but in the same breath, it's a real nostalgia kick. I currently own the VHS and have watched it from time to time. I'd gladly upgrade if it were to ever become available. For the record, I wouldn't say no to "The Wizard" starring Fred Savage either. Another fun film from my youth. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Sign me up. I liked Howard so much, I sat through it twice in the theater.

Of course, it helped that it was the best THX sound system and largest screen in town.

- Steve

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Howard the Duck is a special film for me...it's the very first movie that I ever rented back in 87 when we got out first VCR.

Needless to say i'd snap this up on DVD in a heartbeat! :emoji_thumbsup:

Still love how the FX team pulled off Howard himself, a brilliant combonation of man-in-suit and animatronics for his face, with the exception of Kong, Gollum and Yoda, Howard was much more believable than a lot of the CGI that we get now.

Jennings...
"I think i'm about to become SOMETHING ELSE!"

Howard...
"Oh great, like a sex change or something!"

:laugh:

I actually kind of like the movie...I'm sure there are people who hate it, but let's face it, a lot of the bad rep is from folks who laugh at the title, know it bombed theatrically, know Lucas produced it, but never actually saw it. I've always found it to be entertaining and even quite funny in places -- and a nice score by John Barry too. And I agree the FX by ILM still hold up well today.

Hey if far-worse movies like SGT. PEPPER, XANADU, and CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC (plus LEONARD PART 6) get DVD treatment, why can't HOWARD?? (unless Lucas would threaten Universal if they wanted to release it).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah, Howard's judged unfairly a lot, i'm sure if some of the naysayers gave the film a shot they just might like it in spite of themselves.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I'd buy it. It's a classic cheeseball flick. Plus, the special effects were pretty good for the time.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'd buy it too, because I liked the movie a lot. My sister remembers me watching it a lot when she was little, which surprises me. I have long since lost the VHS.

It's funny, I never realized Tim Robbins was in it until a couple years ago. I have no idea why it never clicked.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I'd definitely buy it. It is a fun movie in its own unique way and I'd love if it had a commentary on it.

Paul

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What do you suppose it would take to get Tim Robbins to even admit he was in this film let alone do a commentary for it? ;)

That could be a special feature for the dvd, one that concentrates on Robbins' involvement, they could call it The Howard Redemption. :D

Sadly, if we did get a commentary, it will be without Richard Kylie, the man who gave voice to Howard. :frowning:

Michael Eriksen

Stunt Coordinator
I want it. I actually liked it a lot. It contains one of my favorite quotes from Jennings when he sits in the café and explain to Howard how he wants to take over the world and the waitress takes his plate, and he says "She took my eggs". Classic.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Of course, if it's released it'll get a cheesy DVD "edition title."

Maybe something like:

"Master of Quack Fu" Edition
"Dark Overlord" Edition

walter o

Supporting Actor
John,

Richard Kiley was only the narrator at the beginning of the film, Chip Zien did the voice of Howard and is very much alive still.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I agree, John. I really want this movie in OAR, too. Nice "Makeshift Theater," too. I like how you displayed the figures near the screen. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks