What's new

Howard Stern signed to Sirius (1 Viewer)

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
I for one hope that Stern doesn't get too graphic on the radio. I like both O&A and Stern and I liked how they would change words around to get it out on air. I just don't expect them to be as funny if there isn't a bit of restraint. If O&A hasn't recognized that I still hope Stern will.

Tim Dogg

Agent
Heres my 2 cents worth,
Back when Sat. radio first came out a few years ago being the music buff that I am I had a Kenwood indash DVD player that was Sirius ready.Well I went out and spent like $300 for the tuner and antenna and signed up.
Back and forth to work I listened to Sirius and after a month I stopped paying them because their programming was horrible playing the same old songs over and over again.I thought to myself what a crock this Sat. radio is.I was more bored with this then my cd collection.They tried to hold me to a year contract but I wasnt paying them for what they offered.
I waited about a year later and decided to give XM a chance because I read a lot of good things about their music channels.
To this day I am still a XM subscriber and im still impressed on what I hear from day to day.I always hear somthing different and THATS what Sat. radio should be all about.
I dont care about football on the radio(c mon now,whos listening to the radio on sunday)I dont care about Howard Stern(His stuff is soooo old and outdated,good luck Sirius)
For ME and for most others its all about the MUSIC!!!
Keep up the good work XM.And to the people at Sirius,Stop bugging me youll never see the money I owe you :)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Do you realize that you are a common thief?

You stole from Sirius when you bought discounted hardware that they lose money on, then broke the terms of the contract that you voluntarily entered.

You've got some growing up to do.

As far as 'who cares about Howard', just take a look at his ratings. #1 in so many markets and demographics.

Tim Dogg

Agent
Theif ?????
Youve got to be kidding me.I paid over $300 for a KENWOOD Sirius unit from Tweeter.That is no discounted price but full retail.I still have the thing sitting on a shelf and tried putting it on e bay for 50 bucks with out a bid!
Im sorry but there was NO WAY I was paying $12.95 for 8 more months of the same kind of crap they play on FM radio.
If anyone is a THEIF its Sirius for locking people in contracts and playing the same Blaaa music over and over again.
Im not a dead beat in any way.If they had the free streaming service like they do now I would have tried it first and saved myself the $300 in parts.I didnt have that choice back then.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
reguardless of contract, I think Tim would be a theif if he continued to listen to sirius without paying, but if he didnt even listen to it, then they should've let him out of the contract. So the question is this "Tim, did you continue to listen to Sirius on occasion within that 8 month period?"

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

Nonsense. The reason they lock you into a contract is that they are giving you something for 'free' or at a loss up front. It's not any different than when you get a bunch of discounted DirecTV receivers in exchange for signing a 1-year contract.

That $300 head unit could easily cost $450 if they weren't taking a loss on it. Sirius is subsidizing those Kenwood units, and by taking the hardware and cancelling the contract, you are nothing but a common criminal, not to mention a dishonorable liar.

Just how old are you guys, anyway?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Michael, im only going on the information that he stated, he paid full price.

That being said, he didnt get any deals. So he shouldnt have been locked into a contract. keep in mind, this is based on the info Tim provided.

He pays full price for the equipment, gets locked into a contract he couldnt try out, didnt like it, and got stuck with a monthly bill. and equipment that is worthless unless you have the service. sounds like an unfair business practice to me. unless there is a trial period. like I said I dont have nor have I looked into getting sat. radio.

If they dont already, Maybe they should treat sat. radio like cell phone service, you have a trial period before your locked in. if you dont like it, return it all for a full refund. But thats the governments rule, Im sure if it was up to Cell phone providers, they wouldnt allow that. Just as im sure sat. radio providers wouldnt like that ruling.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

There are no free rides. If he signed a contract, he got something for free up front. If what he got free up front wasn't free or discounted hardware (head unit and or tuner and or accessories), it was months of initial free service. If you don't want a contract, you go monthly at $13. If you aren't sure you are going to honor a contract, you shouldn't sign one. If you break it, at a minimum, you either pay them their termination fee, or you are a thief.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I guess I didnt understand the rules of the contract. I didnt realize they did monthly unlike cell phone providers. I suppose I retract my statements then.

Tim Dogg

Agent
At the time when Sirius first came out there was no monthly payment offered.Im almost sure of this but may be wrong its been a while.Whatever it was it wasnt fair if you ask me.I know with XM even if you sign up for 2 or 3 years you get a discount and you can still cancel anytime with no fees or breaking of contracts.
For your information im 36 and I also pay all my bills on time.Have a house and brand new pick up truck.You can call me a theif all you want but in my eyes I did what had to be done.They offered an unfair product and i was already in the hole over $300 for somthing I couldnt even deal with.

Tim Dogg

Agent
To tell you the truth Micheal,im not sure if you are anal like this while walking this earth or just on this forum?That I am not sure of.Please tell us that. Tim

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

Not really anal, but when I smell bullshit I won't keep it to myself.

Look, if you are into ripping off businesses, that's all good and well, but keep it to yourself. This forum is not the place to brag about your unethical behavior.

There's no excuse for this crap. I dare you to describe how the product you bought (and contracted yourself to) was "unfair". How was it "unfair"? And who made you sign the contract?

MichaelPR

Second Unit
I am excited about Stern's move to sat. I am actually planning on getting Sirius for my birthday this year. I listened to the three day free online and really enjoyed it. I commute a total of 2 hours and change everyday and this seems to be a great investment for myself! Any advice on which in car deck to get...I'm looking at the Kenwood $160 over on crutchfield. Any advice?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The Kenwood isn't a bad deck at all. A lot of it depends on personal taste as much as anything else.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I have a question about Sat. Radio, in general. Does it sometimes broadcast in multichannel? Maybe someone could provide a Sat. Radio FAQ thread.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
From what I understand, XM is working on this. I know they have done some demos at shows. I think the main issue is actually having digital outs on their tuners. I know some have done mods to do this, but I don't know if there is one out now that comes with digital outs.

Jason

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
To add to the discussion above, Sirius has always had a monthly charge. Kenwood and Sirius had an offer where if you bought a Kenwood Sirius Ready Deck and the terk antenna (about $50), you would be given the Kenwood Sirius Tuner for free as long as you agreed to a year contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks