Howard Stern in Toronto.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PatB, Jan 10, 2002.

1. PatB

PatB Stunt Coordinator

I'm in Toronto now, (don't know how to update my profile) and I'm wondering if there were any other dissapointed "former" listeners out there who are angered at Q107 getting rid of Stern. I read somewhere that a Buffalo feed was available in Toronto but I can't find it and need help. I'm going into withdrawl!

I'm wondering if I need some kind of special antenna or equipment to get this station. I've heard about it from 2 or 3 different people so I think that it's true but they couldn't provide me with any concrete help.

Much appreciated!!! I miss the show.

2. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

3. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

I too have listened to Stern since he came on in Toronto and have loved every minute of him on my morning radio. Alot of people said he was rude, crude and alot of other crap before ever listening to the show. I think he is funny, smart, witty and...ok..opiniated, but I'm fine with that. I'd rather listen to someone with some "balls" than another kiss-ass "thanks for listening" DJ anytime. I too have looked all over the dail but haven't found a thing. If anyone finds a station, I'd be there in a minute. I think 92.9 FM used to have him in the morning in the Toronto area but I don't think so anymore. A real shame.[​IMG]

4. Frank_W

Frank_W Stunt Coordinator

At least you don't have an idiot like Mancow here in

Chicago. A complete idiot and rip-off of Stern.

5. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Frank,
    I agree, Mancow is a total jack-ass. That is why I listen to Stern on WCKG. [​IMG]
    -Dean-

6. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

Here in Wisconsin we get Mancow but no Stern. Mancow is horrible. And all the local morning guys are worse than "Bill and Marty" from the Simpsons.[​IMG] Hence, my CD player gets plenty of usage.

7. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    is there an official howard stern website yet?

8. PatB

PatB Stunt Coordinator

The guy that they brought in to work the Stern slot is horrible, I've never heard of this guy in Chicago but I'm sure they both suck at least equally. I don't even listen to the station anymore or the radio in the morning at all.

It's dissapointing though because there's no way to choose what they program and and I can't seem to find Stern on the air here, even though the Buffalo feed is supposed to be out there somewhere!!

9. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Second Unit

92.9 is quite clear in Toronto. I pick it up on my receiver, with the help of the FM wire that came with it, as well as in the car. Walkmans are not too great at getting it.

10. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter