What's new

How would you design this room to create is as a home theater? (1 Viewer)

ng4ever

Agent
Real Name
Tim
No I did not take everything out just to take the picture lol.

almost like the room my projector and projector screen will be in.jpg

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Hard to say without knowing the dimensions of the room or the budget you have to work with, but in general, you could set up a monitor or projection screen, add a few playback devices, a sound system and some seating. Maybe put some fun movie posters on the wall and have a microwave for popcorn.

Last edited:

YANG

Screenwriter
with a floor plan as reference, i think other members can give some better suggestions.
for the moment, the only thing i can suggest is to get a window blind... bamboo roll type, such that partial light can pass through, not making the room totally dark during day time.

katarianig

Grip
Real Name
Michael
A normal space to live in. There's a place to sleep, a place to lie down. What more do you want?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
If you are planning for a normal "Long Throw Projector" then know that reflected light will greatly reduce the contrast and make the images look flat.

So if you are planning for a normal "Long Throw Projector" then it's best to paint the following walls black:

The entire wall where the screen will be located, the ceiling just from the wall where the screen is installed to 4' into the room and the left & right side walls also 4' from the wall where the screen will be positioned.

An area rug or full carpeted floor is also good to reduce reflected sound and a nice heavy dark fabric window curtain would also be good to reduce light and also help to reduce reflected sound from yoru audio system.

Another theater option is to select an Ultra Short Throw Projection System and you will not need to paint the screen area with flat black paint.then it's best to paint the following walls black:

The entire wall where the screen will be located, the ceiling just from the wall where the screen is installed to 4' into the room and the left & right side walls also 4' from the wall where the screen will be positioned.

An area rug or full carpeted floor is also good to reduce reflected sound and a nice heavy dark fabric window curtain would also be good to reduce light and also help to reduce reflected sound from yoru audio system.

Another theater option is to select an Ultra Short Throw Projection System and you will not need to paint the screen area with flat black paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams456
Recent bookmarks