How would you approach 'fixing' this room response?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Demaree, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Chris Demaree

Chris Demaree Stunt Coordinator

I have tried MANY different filters, I just can't seem to find a filter that will kill the peak around 50hz without making the valley at 60hz even worse. Thoughts on how I should approach this?
    Here is the link to the graph (I couldn't get it to show up in the body of this post) with a listing of related equipment.
    http://home.pacbell.net/aegan/response.html

2. ling_w

ling_w Second Unit

If you have the option, set the low pass of the sub to be 40hz and high pass of main to be 60hz.

Another option is to move your sub or seating position to somewhere else where the 50hz peak is minimized. Since there is no room info, I can't tell you what is causing that 50hz peak, you will have to try it on your own.

3. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

Chris,

Is that graph for sub only? Or does it include the mains? It would be good to see a graph of the FR of the sub only. Also does the graph reflect RS correction values?

I'd think the BFD could handily correct that peak. I would EQ the sub first, then work on integrating the mains.

Post the filter values you've tried. It would be nice to see what you've already done.

4. Chris Demaree

Chris Demaree Stunt Coordinator

The graph is sub and mains, xover applied in the receiver. I will add aditional graphs to the above link during the week (with filter information).