How will Columbia House react to??...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Jan 15, 2002.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

With the release of season sets of All in the Family by Columbia/Tristar. I wonder how Columbia House home video will react to the fact that for the same price to buy one 4 episode dvd you can buy the entire season?

I know their is a thread for All in the Family already. But, this is more to discuss the implications of the dual releases.

2. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Unless they are all ready selling TV series on DVD, I doubt they will carry it.

3. Steve Hauben

Steve Hauben Stunt Coordinator

4. Jeff Koch

Jeff Koch Stunt Coordinator

I contacted Columbia House today and asked them if they heard about the impending release of the first season of "All In the Family." The CSR said she heard nothing about it but said "that's one hell of a deal." Columbia House's pricing structure for tv shows is, in my opinion, outrageous price manipulation and a ripoff. Charging $30.00 per disc (four episodes per disc) for shows like "All In the Family" and "I Love Lucy" demonstrates that something is seriously wrong here. I was at Costco today and saw the first season of the tv series MASH selling for $25.99, an incredibly reasonable price to say the least! I bought it immediately. I suspect that some day "I Love Lucy" will be made available at a substantially lower price. It may not be from Columbia House and it may take some time but I do believe it will happen.
    Jeff

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer