1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How well does horizontal keystone correction work on the Sanyo Z1?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Stephen Hopkins, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I'm considering a Sanyo Z1 FP and would like to know if anyone has any experience with it's horizontal keystone correction? I'll be using about 10' back from the screen and about 3.5' to the left of center. If I don't use the horizontlal keystone correction it'll be 7' away from the screen on center. Will the quality w/ the horizontal keystone correction be noticably worse than without? Will it be enough to warrant running a cable across my floor instead of along the wall?

Also, any experience w/ this projector with a not perfectly dark room? I'll have outside light controlled with blinds and also drapes if needed, but normal TV watching would probably be with one 60W floor lamp (projects up more than out) on the side of the room opposite the screen.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

You won't be able to get a 3.5' shift. The left/right shift is 25% of the screen width, so at that distance you will only get about a 1.5-1.75' shift.

As far as quality impacts from the shift, there aren't any, at least that I can tell.

A 60w light is fine with the Z1. It has less of impact if you keep the light as far to the side of the screen as possible.

3. Thue

Thue Auditioning

Are there any quality impacts from doing a vertical shift?

4. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

None at all. Mine is at the maximum downward shift.