How twisted is this thought...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Michael Varacin, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Michael Varacin

Michael Varacin Stunt Coordinator

A few weeks ago, I posted a question about cooking dinner for a girl on a second date. Things have been working out between the two of us, and a few days ago I went over to her place for the first time.

Her bedroom is the biggest bedroom I have ever seen...it must have been a family room before she re-modeled the house. It even has a fireplace.

So there I am, in her bedroom, and the first thought I had was, jeeze, this room is the perfect shape for a home theater. I even started to visualize where the TV would go, the speakers, ect.

Now that's just wrong!

2. Erik.Ha

Erik.Ha Supporting Actor

Ask her if she'd like you to use "shielded cable" when you "go for installation" and see if she slaps you....

3. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Well, if she's into home theater like you it's not. Don't mention it unless she is.

4. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

That is wrong....Shame on you! As much as I love home theater, the first time I'm a woman's bedroom, HT is the last thing on my mind! I'm glad things are working out for you. I read the thread you had going before although I didn't contribute.

5. Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown Supporting Actor

I think it is pretty normal. I had a simliar thought about a girl I was dating a couple years ago. It wasn't her bedroom, though, but her basement. I was living in an apartment at the time and when I went to hang at her place I started to think: "Ok, 57" HDTV would go there, run the wiring over here for the speakers, hmmmm, this closet would make a perfect place for all the electronics to be tucked away if she would just get this damn exercise bike out of here!"

Unfortunately the longer we dated I realized the only good quality she really had was the perfect HT basement! [​IMG]

6. Michael Varacin

Don't worry...I kept the thought silent. I'm not even going to mention this to her yet! But I know where I want to put my TV. [​IMG]

The good news is that after we both sat down on her bed, the home theater thought quickly went away.

Now that's funny!!!

7. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    So, let me get this straight. You've been dating this girl, you finally get invited to her place, she shows you "the bedroom", and you start planning a home theater?

Words escape me![​IMG]

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Just tell her it's all about OAR, baby.

9. Michael Varacin

OK! OK! I said it was a twisted thought!

But in my defense it wasn't the first time I was in "A" bedroom with her, just "HER" bedroom!

10. andrew markworthy

Michael, I'm a psychologist, and I'd be drummed out of the profession if I didn't ask this: when you go into a woman's bedroom, is home theater *always* the first thing you think of? [​IMG]

11. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Act like Chauncey Gardner : "I like to watch" [​IMG]

12. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

With any luck she'll start explaining the benefits of 7.1 over 5.1 [​IMG] :wink: [​IMG]

13. KerryK

KerryK Stunt Coordinator

Well I once dated a guy who lured me into his bedroom claiming he wanted to show me his HT system. And the truth is I kind of got distracted by it and started asking him to put in different DVDs so I could see specific scenes! I think he was a little annoyed that his blatantly transparent ruse backfired. (Although it would probably work on most women.)

If only I'd known then that like Dave Brown's basement, that was the best thing about the guy. I should have run screaming when I asked him to put in some Next Generation episdoes and he made me watch Phantom Menace.

14. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

[​IMG]

Erik, thank you SO much. I think I just fired half a wonton through my sinuses thanks to you.

I should know better than to visit HTF when I'm having lunch.

[​IMG]

15. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Yep, it's not about the size of the image, but the shape!

-Vince

16. Erik.Ha

Erik.Ha Supporting Actor

I'm just suggesting you ask... I mean, she may just respond by telling you "she wants her rear at least 6 inches above ear level."

And then you know you've got yourself a keeper!

17. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

Not sick and twisted at all. Congrats that everything is going well so far.

Just becareful that you are watching movies in there and not making them

[​IMG]

18. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Michael:

You are just fine. When I was reading what you wrote about her bedroom though I thought "Damn! This babe has got to have some money" if her bedroom is that big.