What's new

How to wire,what speakers to use (1 Viewer)

Richard Boughn

Auditioning
I have a Denon 4302 amp and currently have the sub out connected to a DCM 10" sub with a 100watt amp built in with a freq response of 40Hz-160Hz. I just purchased Definitive Technology BP2002tl ( 17Hz-30kHZ) for my L and R speakers. My amp can send the lfe to either the sub alone or to a sub and L and R or just to the L and R. The BP's Can be tri wired or connected to the LFE via RCA type plug as well as wire for the mid and high sounds with the lfe amped by a 250 watt amp in each speaker driving 12" subwoofer in each box. If I send the LFE to the sub w/o sending it to the BP"S then the built in subs will produce their base only fron the L&R channels. How should I wire this up? Should I just remove the inexpensive DCM and split the LFE out from the amp and use the BP'S as my sub? Should I split the LFE to both the DCM and BP's? I could, but don't I should, use the BP's sub's to just play the base fron the L&R channels. My room is 15x20 with 8ft ceilings and I'm using a 6.1 setup. Appreciate advice here.Thanks
Richard

JamesFarina

Agent
Hi Richard,

With the versatility of your setup I would experiment until I found the best sound. Try sending the lfe to only the sub, then try sending it to only the mains. After you compare the two with various music and movies try sending the lfe to both and see if you like that better. There may be some cancellation depending on your placement but it won't hurt to experiment. Most times the best setup is sending the lfe to the sub only and setting the other speakers to small, but all this is opinionated. So the best advice I could give is to experiment and see what YOU like best.

Jim F.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks