What's new

How to watch TV through VCR? (1 Viewer)

todd<>C

Grip
My TV does not have outputs and I want to be able to watch cable tv in surround sound. I am currently trying to run it through the vcr, but i am not getting any picture or sound when i switch it on the vcr to watch cable through it. is it possible to do this?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
How do you have things connected? I have a TV hooked up through the VCR, and get sound to the stereo as follows:

Cable into the VCR, then Cable out from the VCR to the cable IN on the TV. Then I run the audio outputs from the VCR to the stereo, and use the VCR as the TV tuner to change channels. You may need to hit a TV/VCR button or some such to get the VCR to take control, so to speak.

todd<>C

Grip
thanks. i figured out what it was. i forgot to set the channel memory in the vcr after it was unplugged for an hour.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You’ll have to keep in mind that very little TV programming has true surround sound. The best you usually get is surround sound for the music track, and occasionally some L-R panning of the action. Action pans from front to back are virtually non-existant. However, you can expect better envelopment from broadcasts of theatrical movies.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks