How to use banana plugs on Marantz 7000?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Takosan, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Takosan

Takosan Stunt Coordinator

Sometime ago I thought someone mentioned that the binding posts on the Marantz SR-7000 can take banana plugs? If this i correct how do I go about removing the plastic (red & black) in the binding post's cavity?

I'm having a hard time keeping the 12AWG screwed in tight to the binding posts especially since i biwired the speakers.

TIA,

Takosan

2. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

I just screwed a small screw in the back a lil bit and then pulled the plug out..

3. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

"If this i correct how do I go about removing the plastic (red & black) in the binding post's cavity? "

Red & black? I only recall little black plugs at the very end of each speaker post. Usually a very small screwdriver, like those used for repairing reading/sun glasses, or a small pin is needed to lift the black plug out.

Michael

4. Takosan

Thanx Brian & yes, Michael you are correct in that it is black, my mistake (the screws were color coded).
    I suppose these Dayton banana plugs from PartsExpress http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd..._ID=2462&DID=7 are good (looking for stackable(?) & no need for soldering)?
    TIA,
    Takosan

5. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Nice link!!!!!!

Hey!!! Which type is the best?

I noticed that the all metal ones could touch each other. Also, can you use the dual plugs on rcvrs or is that for special apps. Denon 3802!

6. Takosan

I still wonder which is better (or for my modest equipment it the AR over Dayton doesn't make any difference)?
    AR
    or
    Dayton