How to use Banana Clips

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jack Sampson, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Jack Sampson

Jack Sampson Stunt Coordinator

Ok this may be a really dumb question but how do you connect the speaker wire to the banana clip? I bought some banana clips off ebay that have a plug with a hole in the back that you put the speaker wire through but I don't see how the wire will stay in there. They also have a small removable cylinder where the speaker wire goes. I'm not sure what it's for. [​IMG]

2. JonahWicky

JonahWicky Stunt Coordinator

Typically, the speaker wire goes into a hole in the side of the banana plug. The end screws down onto the wire to hold it in place. The hole in the end is to plug another banana plug into it piggy-back fashion.

See this link

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Try this:

Unscrew the cylinder.

Trim speaker wire and shove it up the cylinder and fold the copper strands over the top of the lip. Screw the banana part back down on top to clamp down on the copper strands.

Make sure to trim the wires so no tag-ends of the copper strands poke out to create a short.

Hope this helps.

4. Jack Sampson

Jack Sampson Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys. I did basically what each of you said but the wire didn't seem that secure. I thought there may be a trick to it or something.

5. christianCA

christianCA Auditioning

[​IMG]