How to use a best buy.com coupon?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derek_C, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Derek_C

Derek_C Agent

Hi,

This may sound dumb but I got a $10 coupon for ordering LOTR at bestbuy.com. So, I go to order more dvds, get to the payment screen, enter the coupon code, hit save, go to the next screen with my order total listed and the coupon discount doesn't show up. I try the edit the order and I still can't get the coupon discount to show up but it says it's saved in my account. How the heck do I use it?

Thanks,
    Derek

2. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

Derek, I do it differently. What I've always done is go to the "my account" section and log in. On that page there is a section for digital coupons. Enter the code and click submit or whatever the button is next to the coupon code entry spot.

The page should reload with the coupon you just entered in the summary, valid dates and value.

When you place the order that value should appear at the bottom of one of the pages (payment or page before) Stating "you have a $10 coupon credit" or something to that effect. That will be deducted from the total. It sould work...

3. Derek_C

Derek_C Agent

Thanks Jeff,

the coupon discount didn't show up until after I completed the order then I had to go back to order status to see the $10 taken off the price. Their web page should fix that, it makes it look like the coupon isn't used.