How to use 1 CD player with 2 receivers (switchable)????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rodneyH, Feb 17, 2002.

1. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

I am currently setting up a system for a freind and I need to beable to hook up 1 cd player and 1 VCR to 2 receivers (so music can be on throughout the house as well as the home theater room, but also be switchable so you can have either/or on at 1 time??) is there a special switch that can accomplish this??

2. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

would perhaps a "line level selector" work, but use it in reverse, you are actually selecting between "receivers" instead in "components"

Thanx for the help!!

3. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

Could I just use "Y" rca adapters and go from 1 CD player or VCR (etc..) to 2 receivers?? This means that as a VCR is being played on 1 receiver (and the "VCR" button is pushed on that reciever), the OTHER receiver could be playing music from a CD player (when the CD button is pushed on THAT OTHER receiver). and......beable to listen to the CD player on reciever "A" (when the "CD" button is pushed) AND beable to listen to the CD player from speakers hooked up to receiver "B" (when the "CD" button is pushed on THAT receiver-since the Y adapt will allow a signal from 1 source go to 2).

This Q is being asked because I am trying to figure out a way to set 1 receiver up with the ceiling speakers throughout the house, and the OTHER receiver playing the SAME music in the HT room, OR beable to play different music from different sources (VCR or CD player) and direct them to the different "zones". (the different input buttons on the 2 different receivers would beable to select the source-whether it be the SAME music or DIFFERENT, and beable to direct them to the given locations)

I hope that all makes sense, it seems like the Y adapt would work to me, any problems with this train of thought???

4. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer