What's new

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (2019) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The more I think about it the less I like it. And like I said I’m bummed. I loved these characters.

And for them to go out like this with a whimper is beyond depressing.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw this today, and really enjoyed it. I do agree that the plot was mostly just a redo of the second film, with the big bad villain and the dragon hunters/trappers, but I was more interested in the ongoing relationship with Toothless and Hiccup and the other dragon riders, so I gave it a pass. Plus, the acid-spewing dragons were cool.

I didn't mind the ending. I think it would have been too much of a downer to have the dragons leave forever and never be seen again after the closeness of the friendships between the dragons and the vikings. They were practically family after years of living together. At least now you know they might return for a visit every once in a while. And Toothless' little dragon babies were adorable.

Another beautifully animated film, especially the sequences in the Hidden World. I just wish I could have seen it in 3D. The show was listed as a 3D showing on the theater's web site, but when I got there they said it was a mistake and it would be 2D. Oh well, they let me see it for free and I'll have the 3D blu-ray in a couple months.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks