What's new

How to tick off an H.T. enthusiast <g> (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
When I first got my home theater sound system a few friends would do something like that. It was done to get my reaction. After couple of times, I just went along with their so-called jokes.

All my friends that have seen my high def TV have had very similar reactions when they first look at a HD broadcast. It is what I call the "holy shit" reaction.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It wouldn't bother me because I would know that my friend was obviously lying just to f**k with me. Anyone who can't see the difference between HD and standard cable has bigger problems to deal with, like finding a better eye doctor and saving up for the eye surgery that they obviously need. :D

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
In a related note, the columnist's wife asked him, "Is it in yet?" It is unclear how many different ways she rephrased the comment.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
...don't let them get to ya! don't let them get to ya!

I used to bust balls in college a lot and there was this one kid who went along with it. It wasn't any fun when I couldn't get his goat. The more you don't care, the less "Hollier than thou" you look.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Years ago, I used to work at a color separator - they created the negatives so that a picture can be printed before desktop publishing got so easy..., well, easier.
Anyway, there was a book of 18 tests for various color blindness. The bubbles of different colors or shades created numbers and if you couldn't see the number, you failed the test. Obviously, you had to pass all the tests to be a color separator.

Just think of these poor people that can't tell the difference between HD and standard. :frowning: It's so sad that they will never know the difference. :frowning: Can they tell the difference between broadcast and cable? Oh, that's good that they can enjoy that.

See how they like that viewpoint :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I think most people CAN tell the difference, I just don't think most people care to tell.

Sometimes you need to teach your brain how to view something. I learned a lot about this from a photo I found in a book. When you don't know what the photo is, it just looks like a bunch of blobs, but once someone points out what the photo is, you can't believe that you never saw it to begin with.

It's truly amazing. I know this because my brother never could tell the difference between SD and HD, but once I taught him how to view things, he says he can't stand watching SD. It's all in the teaching.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I think the real problem here isn't the topic, but that his writing style borders that of a kid in junior high writing for his school paper.

Users who are viewing this thread