What's new

How to tick off an H.T. enthusiast <g> (1 Viewer)

Jude Faelnar

Stunt Coordinator
Haha... fun read. I wonder what is the actual percentage of HTF members would have a similar reaction? My guess would be about 30%. :D

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Subject matter aside, I found Kevin Cowherd's style to be, plodding.
Is that the best the Baltimore Sun can do?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
He's not very good, is he? :) Well, the Sun is kind of squeezed geographically. The New York Times and The Washington Post are two "national" papers that it has to compete with, plus the Post tries to play the role of "local paper" for most of Maryland in addition to D.C. and northern Virginia. So there's a lot of competition for talent, and I doubt the Sun has the deepest pockets. :)

Regards,

Joe

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Hmm. Audiophiles should be used to it by now. Or maybe the insecure home theater owner bought Bose.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
haha nice article. I've dealt with so many J6Ps though that I'm used to their behavior. I'll even agree that their Bose cubes sound nice when they try to show them off.

Then I take a bath in rubbing alcohol and burn my clothes while sobbing uncontrollably when I get home.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my dad used to that.

i never found it funny just really stupid.

it seemed obvious that he was pulling me leg but he continued to do it.
oh well humor is subjective

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i can laugh at myself and not be too serious about myself as well as anyone.
but when someone is persistant in simply just trying to be annoying, then i dont think it's funny.

annoying and irritating just for the purpose of being annoying and irritating isnt funny it's annoying and irritating.

poke someone in the side and keep repeating, "does this bug you" over and over, same thing.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
I've had this conversation with many people who were some-what serious. It's just frustrating. Not funny at all. I dunno if I'd have veins popping out of my neck, but it is definitely annoying.

Same with people who are like "dude my Bose system sounds just as good as yours does...that money was well spent...and I didn't have any fancy cables or recievers to install"

Actually the Bose people are probably more annoying. Yeah. They are.

Semi funny article though, but what? Slow news day or something...?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The guy is a columnist, not a regular journalist. So he just has to crank out "x" number of words a couple of times a week, whether he has something to write about or not. :)

Regards,

Joe

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
but the whole point of the article was getting the HT enthusiasts "goat". The guy was only persistent to egg you on. If you didn't get so animated, he wouldn't enjoy egging you on.

The point is, if someone said they couldn't tell the difference, I wouldn't go to every extreme (popping a vein) to try and convince them. I'd show them an example and if they still didn't see the difference, I'd say "Oh well". But this guy (who wrote the article) was making fun of the enthusiasts who won't let it drop. The ones that just can't sit comfortably with someone not understanding the difference. Those are the people even I like to make fun of. :D If someone doesn't get it, they just don't get it and it's a waste of energy to make them get it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
oh, yea. ok.

i would certainly not be the ht nut who would go extreme to prove the hd pic is better.
i dont even try hard i just show them both and if they dont see a dif i pretty much say ok, whatever.

i still dont think its funny though

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Tony, it's like the Star Wars fanboys. As much as I LOVE Star Wars, even I have to roll my eyes at some of these over-the-top fans.

The article (to me) is like an article making fun of Star Wars fanboys...imagine walking up to a bunch of these guys (at a convention) and going "Boba Frett RULES!!!" ;) Imagine the responses you'd get? LOL

Kinda like the way Triumph The Insult Comic Dog made fun of the 'nerds'. :laugh: Now THAT was FUNNY! But none of that upset me as a die-hard Star Wars fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks