How to take screen captures?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Scott Leopold, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I've spent most of this evening checking here and elsewhere for a way to take screen captures that won't require me buying any new software, but haven't had any luck so far. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

2. StevenFC

StevenFC Second Unit

PowerDVD

Couldn't be easier.

3. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

If you want DVD caps, any decent software player will have a built-in capture option. If you're talking about other overlay applications, I'm afraid that the cheapest you'll find is HyperSnap. No freeware that I know of will let you make overlay captures.

4. Tom_Bechet

Tom_Bechet Second Unit

Steven, technically you have to pay for Powerdvd. But I found it to be the best DVD software around.
    Scott: I`m sorry but I only use Powerdvd and it ahs that feature, very useful, but otherwise I`m out of ideas.
    you could try a printscreen and paste it into pain or so but I`m not sure if that works.
    soory

5. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I tried downloading Windows Media Player 9 last night, and found out after I had downloaded it that you can only play DVD's on it if you're running XP. Does anyone know of any reliable plugins or anything else that adds DVD capability to WMP9 on a Win98 machine?

6. Lars_J

Lars_J Stunt Coordinator

Hypersnap rocks. It lets you capture the original 720*480 source, without any blending or stretching.