What's new

HOW TO surround sound speaker wiring (1 Viewer)

Babette

Auditioning
my set up:
-cable box
-emerson vcr/dvd
-RCA tru flat television - connected to the above through cable via cable in to box, out/in to vcr/dvd, out to tv
-pro dynamics spl 3000 home theatre series subwoofer/amp with one center and 4 surround speakers

my dilemma:
I have the amp receiving/projecting sound via cable connect to tv monitor out with settings on tv as Sound-enhanced,SAP, Audio Output-fixed, and int. speakers set "for the tv to be center" - on the amp there are four typical connects for the speaker wire - 2 labeled "in" and 2 labeled "out" - can any one advise as to which wire should go where for sound to the smaller speakers?

JamesCB

Second Unit
You bought these from the back of a white van, didn't you?

Without a surround receiver, you are shit out of luck. These are not powered.

James

Babette

Auditioning
that's funny! but my boyfriend gave them to me... maybe he saw the white van, I don't know... I just want to get them to work (laughing) - so I need a receiver then?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
can you tell james is from new york? :rolleyes:;)

yes, babette, it sounds like you need a receiver, but you mention the word "amp", so i'm not sure what you have.

just to confirm, you have a total of 5 speakers (plus a sub) - is that correct? also, do you know if the sub is powered or not (if there is a power-cable coming out of the sub, then it's powered).

in any case, to get these to work you need to hook them up to a ht receiver (one that is capable of reproducing 5.1 surround sound). just about every ht receiver can do this now. you can get a decent one for about 200 bucks these days.

once you have the receiver, you can actually hook up all your other components to it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Logos1204
Recent bookmarks