How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying

Discussion in 'DVD' started by PaulEB, Jun 6, 2003.

1. PaulEB

PaulEB Stunt Coordinator

Any news if this title will get a better treatment on DVD?

2. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

The only way this could get a better treatment is if they find the missing Coffee Break Number and the stereo soundtrack which is unlikely. there was exactly ONE print that had both of these things - the radio city music hall print. The film was a little too long for filmand the rockettes and Radio City wanted an easy cut.
    Out wentthe coffe break number. UA provided a new print in mono and the conformed all other prints around the counntry to match the radio city print. Too bad. When I first saw the film at radio city the Coffee Break number was histerical. the stero sound was damn good too.

3. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

I haven't seen the coffee break number, but I've heard it on the cd soundtrack, and I don't think it's as good a song as the rest of them. Of course, seeing it in the film could improve my opinion of it. And just happy this is on dvd and OAR. However, unless I'm mistaken, the current dvd is not anamorphic, so I'm pretty sure this could be improved visually.

4. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Was on TCM last night. Still a great film. The CD is in stereo I believe. Perhaps the musical numbers could be synced to the excisiting stereo music tracks?

5. PaulEB

PaulEB Stunt Coordinator

I saw the revival on Broadway a few years back with Matthew Broderick and the coffee break number was great. Hopefully it can be added somehow to a new release of the movie on DVD.

6. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

Weel,they CAN'T addthe coffee break number cuz they searched for it several years ago and came up with nothing. The CD wold be tough to use for a steroe track because the vocalists are left center - right - and not in the same places they are on screen.

7. PaulEB

PaulEB Stunt Coordinator

Any rumours on this title being reissued?