How to stop the sweating?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronNWilson, Aug 9, 2002.

1. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

After going out for my run every morning I come in and take a shower, but after I come out of the shower I continue to sweat for up to an hour. I have to carry a tissue to wipe the sweat off my brow. I have tried taking cold showers but it doesn't seem to help any. Any recommendations?

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

You need to cool down before the shower. Try following your run with some walking and stretching.

3. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

What Jim said. Also, if you're still sweating, that means you're overheating, which probably means you need to hydrate a lot more after your run. And before your run...and during your run... etc.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Gatorade will help keep you hydrated. I always drink it before I mountain bike and take water with me. Try taking it easy on the last leg of your run, sort of a cool down lap, on your way home. This, and the stretching will give you time to cool down before the shower.

5. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

I have the same problem, Aaron. I used to hop into the shower immediately after a run and found myself continuing to sweat afterwards. Now, I walk the last 1/4 mile home, then sit around, drinking water, waiting for the sweat to stop.

Jon

6. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I think some companies (like J&J or something) make body washes that help cool athletes down as well. We're talking standard over-the-counter stuff here.