What's new

How to stop the sweating? (1 Viewer)

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
After going out for my run every morning I come in and take a shower, but after I come out of the shower I continue to sweat for up to an hour. I have to carry a tissue to wipe the sweat off my brow. I have tried taking cold showers but it doesn't seem to help any. Any recommendations?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
You need to cool down before the shower. Try following your run with some walking and stretching.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
What Jim said. Also, if you're still sweating, that means you're overheating, which probably means you need to hydrate a lot more after your run. And before your run...and during your run... etc.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Gatorade will help keep you hydrated. I always drink it before I mountain bike and take water with me. Try taking it easy on the last leg of your run, sort of a cool down lap, on your way home. This, and the stretching will give you time to cool down before the shower.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I have the same problem, Aaron. I used to hop into the shower immediately after a run and found myself continuing to sweat afterwards. Now, I walk the last 1/4 mile home, then sit around, drinking water, waiting for the sweat to stop.

Jon

Don Black

Screenwriter
I think some companies (like J&J or something) make body washes that help cool athletes down as well. We're talking standard over-the-counter stuff here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks